Pages

Jan 31, 2023

Purging Our Clutter (the beginning)

I have started my purging and decluttering and so far it's been SO great! I have organized out holiday décor into buckets for each month/holiday. I got rid of things we didn't need and each month I've got areas I want decorations so I plan to go through these boxes each month and make sure I have what I need. If I don't, I'll get what I need to make sure our house looks so festive and homey!

I've spot cleaned our laminate flooring. I separated it into 3 sections and did one each night. Larry kept the kids distracted while I did this. I was down on my knees (with my knee pads...those were a HUGE lifesaver) with a microfiber rag and some cleaner and just scrubbed every inch. It didn't end up cleaning it as much as I had hoped, but it was still good to get it cleaned and at least try.

Cleaning the house isn't always easy.
Hopefully this room will get a makeover this year

I have cleaned out most of our basement, I went through our bulk shopping section, our travel/tools/camping stuff, our movies, and measuring everything out for when we finish the basement. I still have to do the home décor area, but I've been able to clear out a bunch of stuff in this area so that's been nice.

Sometimes hidden "gems" are found when
You clean out areas you were hiding them haha

I've cleaned under the bathroom sinks and some rust that was on our master shower. Those were nice areas to clean up as well!.

Overall we've got a nice pile of stuff we're getting rid of. I'm also slowly getting a place for everything and everything in it's place, which I've wanted to do for years now! I'll be happy to report how much more I get decluttered and organized as I go. It's been SUCH a nice stress reliever.

No comments: