Pages

Oct 30, 2023

October Happenings

- I had my Spouse Appreciation Day on the 14th this month and it was lovely. Nothing big, but Larry brought me my French Toast (from Kneaders) in bed (but this time he remembered to have everyone stay haha). I had also told Larry that I think a hike sounded nice since we didn't do too many this year and I gave him a list of a few that sounded like they'd be good for us for him to pick from. While on the hike (he chose Cascade Springs) I told him I was craving Cafe Rio, so we stopped there for lunch on the way back (YUM!). During nap time I watched Scream 7 (I knew it would be bad, but I just have to watch those movies, I'm stuck in them haha....and it was pretty bad). After nap time, we went to Maurices and I picked a couple cute shirts out and then we went to Denny's because I knew the kids would actually eat that food so it wouldn't be a fight haha). It was a nice day.

LOOK at the colors! It looked better in person.

-This one is silly, but I got a new cleaning toy (a Tineco wet/dry cordless vacuum). I wasn't going to get anything on the Amazon Deals page, but I was reading a review on cordless vacuums and I was hoping to get a new one soon (my last one just wasn't cutting it). This one had great reviews, is a cordless wet/dry vacuum that self cleans and is a kind of smart device. So I decided to get it and I'm just SO excited to use it. Larry said I really don't need two so I'm giving our Crosswave to Andy and Rachel (it's a great cleaner, I just really don't need two).


-Since it's starting to get darker earlier, we brought back doing activities for kids after dinner. I was doing them a lot last winter just to fill up that time slot and then, once it got warmer, we just spent all our nights out front playing. I'm excited to bring back activities, but now I'll have to start thinking of them and planning them a little better. So far I've found some good ones the kids like though.

Oobleck...Gwen's favorite activity

-Pierce had his 18 month checkup this month. Everything is looking good and he's growing very big. They still say they hear the heart murmur so they think it would be good if we took him to a cardiologist to get a second opinion. I'm leaning more towards waiting till he's 2 to see since I've heard it's actually pretty common and does tend to go away on it's own. If he still has it at that point then that will be almost a year he's had it so it might be good to get another opinion at that point, we'll see.


No comments: