Pages

Aug 30, 2011

Six Flags Adventure

I think our Six Flags time will definitely be the most memorable by far! The first day we decided to try the X2 first because I had heard that has the longest line, and boy it did take a while, one of many long lines for that day. After 7 hours at the park we were only able to ride the X2, Viper, Revolution, Tatsu, Deja Vu, and Roaring Rapids. Sunday is definitely a packed day! We learned that day the lines and metal bars mean absolutely nothing, people will cut anytime, anywhere with no shame! We also learned you can't do all the extreme rides in one day unless you enjoy headaches. And boy did we have the master of headaches by the end of that day, but we still had a lot of fun!

Our second day we did Scream, Goliath, Riddler's Revenge, Wonder Woman's Lasso of Truth, Superman, Ninja, Gold Digger, and Tidal Wave (Which you end up getting more went on the bridge near the ride than you do on the actual ride). Luckily even with 3 of the more extreme rides we didn't end up with too bad of headaches and being Monday it was so less busy, we were able to be the first riders on Scream and the Lasso ride and have the whole rides to ourselves! Plus we ended up getting it done in like 3 hours. After we got back to the hotel we decided to try out the pool-especially since our room hadn't been cleaned yet and I feel awkward being in there with them while they do that. The pool felt AMAZING! It was the perfect warm/cooling off temperature and I thought I'd never want to get out! The best part-it went as deep as 8 1/2 feet, I love being able to swim around in deeper water (it stems from when I was little and used to say I was going to be a mermaid when I grew up-I loved swimming and practiced holding my breath as long as possible, because I thought that's what it took ha ha). After a while we started to burn and we decided to get back to our room to take showers and get ready for dinner.

Our third day was the one we'll never forget. We got onto the Green Lantern and the Batman (which was the ride I had seen all the adults go on when I was younger, but too small to ride so I was really happy to get my chance to ride it this time). After finishing those rides we re-did Scream, Goliath, Superman, Tatsu, and X2-in that order too. It wasn't until X2-the last ride of the last day-at the very end of the ride that I noticed something fly out and Larry yelled out an expletive that worried me. I asked him what it was-our keys to the car! I was SO unhappy and had no idea what to do with no car keys. (Back story here: Larry is pretty infamous for almost losing stuff on rides, one time we got off one in Utah and he didn't have his phone-turned out they had it at the ride, it had fallen out as he climbed in the seat. Another time we were riding another ride that loops you in all sorts of directions he mentioned his phone had fallen off and shattered into pieces, but still worked with no scratches amazingly and my keys had slipped out but he caught them on his back before they flew out. I always wondered what we'd do if we lost the keys and was just always glad Larry was lucky enough for nothing serious to be lost on rides. That idea kind of vanished at this point). When the ride stopped Larry also noticed his wallet was missing. SO NOT GOOD! The biggest problem (to me) with this was that he couldn't use his debit card-it had been blocked for fraud before we left-so all his money for the trip HAD to be in cash, and there's NO way to replace cash if it's gone! When we got off we told the ride operators about it and they told us we'd have to go to guest relations to get them back and we figured it'd be no problem since we knew where we'd lost them. Nope! They said we could fill out a form and IF they found them they'd mail them to us. Not a solution when you have over $600 in the wallet now missing and was our cash to get back home! Plus he had his IDs and they were the ONLY car keys we had, we felt screwed! After walking (yes walking) back to our hotel I searched and found a Nissan dealership near our hotel that could cut me a replacement key (which would have to wait till the next day because they were closing as I was calling), but his wallet was our biggest worry. We were able to walk back to the park after they closed and did their searches to see if they found anything, but with no better luck. The employees, of course, acted like they couldn't care less about our lost items-like they were sunglasses or an Ipod-which I wouldn't have cared about losing nearly as much! So we weren't too happy and now had to walk all the way back to our hotel-so we've now walked 6 miles in 90+ degree weather, not as much fun as it might sound. I can only describe how sunburned, sweaty, and sore we were by this point.

So it wasn't the funnest ending we'd expected for Six Flags, I can say that. But we figured out a plan: Get a new car key as soon as possible (we HAD to leave for San Diego the next day), bug Six Flags everyday till they found the wallet, and cut back on expenses as much as possible. The good news is Larry and I were put in a rough spot, but we made it through together, just us, no one else helped us. I think it made us a big stronger to see how we would face hardships like this.

More random pics from this part of the trip:

The front gates to Six Flags-I was PSYCHED!


Larry and me in the park


This was Larry-when I didn't have any plans-zoning to the TV
Kinda reminded me of a kid ha ha




This was my real random one-Larry is a HUGE bed hog
This was a KING sized bed and you can kind of see
He takes up as much room as he can!

No comments: