Pages

Aug 31, 2011

Hail Hollywood!

Our day in Hollywood was a pretty quick one. I only had two or three things I REALLY wanted to do: (1) See the Star Walk of Fame, (2) See the Hollywood Sign on the side of the mountain, and (3) Go to Madame Tussuad's Wax Museum. Luckily I got to do all three and was pretty excited to be able to. Since Larry had lost his wallet and big chunk of the vacation money we didn't want to spend any extra money if it wasn't already planned or needed. However, I had already planned on the wax museum so it wasn't an added expense and I even found discount admission coupons at the hotel before we left, so it kind of worked out better. Although I didn't realize Ripley's Believe It or Not and the Guinness Book of Record places were on the same street, and we did have some coupons to go there too, but it wasn't already planned and I couldn't spend the money if we didn't NEED to. Everything worked out great at Madame Tussuad's...until we went souvenir shopping-which I'm addicted to ha ha. We, or rather I, spent WAY too much, but I think it was worth it. I really only bought the pictures that they have the people do during the "tour", but it still cost a pretty penny.
Once we got out we started to walk the star walk, and I have to say I had NO idea the Walk of Fame would be so crowded, it was like The Strip at Vegas with people handing out cards and different impressionist from Lady Gaga to Yoda, no kidding here! But we also got to see where the original hands and footprints in the cement started (I had read about how this started a while back, so it was kind of cool to see another part of Hollywood history). I had gotten pretty burnt by this point (as I've mentioned) and was all greased up in sunscreen and my hair was all sorts of frizzy from the humidity so we weren't really in the best "walking in the heat in the crowds" mood, which is why it ended up being a real quick trip. But as we were leaving I still decided I had to see the big Hollywood sign, so we started driving around (side story: as we were driving around we saw this guy sneaking photos of up this girls' dress-I was so appalled and wanted to tell the girl, but unfortunately we were never close enough to. The guy even WATCHED us watching him as he took the pics. I can say after that alone California is definitely not the place for me as a permanent dwelling!) Anyways, so we're driving around and we drove into this neighborhood and FINALLY we spotted it, or rather, Larry, with his awesome eye sight, found it and told me. I was practically screaming when I saw it, this was one thing I definitely had on my life's "to-do" list and so I was happy to cross it off. It was definitely one of the highlights-for me-of the trip.

The drive from Six Flags to Sea World is a 2-3 hour drive so once we saw the sign we decided to hit the road and hurry to our new hotel. I got a lot of reading done on that trip so it wasn't all bad (not to mention loving have the car with AC in the 90+ degree weather!). So it was a really good day, overall.

Some of the pics:

The first Taxi I've ever ridden in-the guy took us to get a
copy of the car key and to Six Flags to pick up our car.
He was super nice :)

Harry Potter cast in cement-I thought that one was pretty cool




These were from the Wax Museum too, we had some fun with Obama.
The Hollywood sign was superimposed on a green screen, I WISH we got that close!



Some random shots from the Museum. Brangelina (top), Miss Kim Kardashian (middle),
And Rocky with Larry (bottom). I didn't see any I wanted to pose with so only Larry
Got that privilege.

No comments: