Pages

Sep 2, 2011

Sea World Wonders

Ah, Sea World! So many things to be excited about there. I'd never ever been to Sea World before  and only knew it from TV or movies so I was really thrilled to see what there was to do and see. We took a bus to save on parking and got there around 10 and the biggest disappointment was the fact that Larry was supposed to get his ticket free for being in the military, but since he didn't have his ID we ended up having to pay for both tickets, but it worked out that we did have a little extra money and we still had fun.

We schedules to do the Dolphin Encounter, but it wasn't till 11:45 so we had an hour and a half to kill till we had to check in. So we decided to see the polar bears (for those who don't know I'm INSANELY obsessed with bears! I have no idea what started it, but they've been my favorite for as long as I can remember). I took SO many pictures and videos of them-they were just too adorable! Of course it was either RIGHT before this or RIGHT after this (but basically it was right as we got there) my stupid flip flop shoes broke and I had to ask an employee for a paper clip to kind of tie it all together.

We then went and watched their dolphin show-which was MUCH better than the one at Brookfield Zoo (Did I ever mention we went to that one?). At the zoo it was more an informative on dolphins thing, but here it was an actual performance-it had a story and was SO cool to watch and we definitely got soaked :)

After that we went and did the Dolphin Interaction thing and I'll say that was such a fun experience. Larry and I talked about when we had kids we'd love to take them to do it, it's a blast to feel them and play with them-I even go to kiss one! Although I will say the wet suits are a huge pain to get in and out of-so if you do do it-don't say I didn't warn you of that part ha ha.

After that we did the Penguin Exhibit, Shark Encounter, Turtle Reef, we watched their Shamu shows, the Pet's Rule show, and the Sea Lions Live show (which was hilarious). They were all so entertaining! I loved ever minute of being there. Unfortunately I forgot to wear sunscreen and got a nice little burn (on top of what we hard already gotten from everything else) and by that point I decided we should just go back to our hotel and relax.

Once we got back I saw how bad my burn really was and had to leave cold towels on my shoulders, chest, and fact to help cool them off, I've never done that before (it was Larry's idea) and man was I crazy before-it worked like a charm! I wasn't in nearly as much pain the next morning, and I have to say I got a little entertained at how fast I could basically cook the cold towels on my burns.

So overall Sea World was definitely an amazing stop that I'd recommend to others, it was sad to leave early, but we were too burnt to stay.

here are some fun pics (there are quite a few from this one):






All 6 were from the Dolphin Interaction program, we didn't get to keep
The wetsuits, but we did get some towels-which I thought was kinda
Cool. These things were so cute and fun to play with!

Super cute polar bear :)

A silly  Sea Lion
This was from the Sea World-Kinda nice shot if I do say so myself

The only bad parts, the broken shoe (don't know if you can see the
Paper clip that connects the left strap to the ring) and my nice red glow!

1 comment:

Lee McBride said...

Might I point out that you said "doodoo." He he he.