Pages

Sep 10, 2011

Drive Home

So I know this doesn't sound like a super exciting post, but I had a lot of fun with the whole trip, I'm mostly using this blog to preserve memories, and I think the drive home had a lot of memories to try and keep.

So the drive home was pretty long. I told Larry I think the drives home seem longer because once you leave your house for a vacation and hit the freeway you're instantly on "vacation mode", but when you leave vacations and are on the freeway you don't actually hit "home mode" until you get to your driveway. I really couldn't wait to see our kitties again, I had missed them a lot on the trip.

I think my favorite part of the drive was reading my magazines and when something interesting or funny came up I'd tell Larry and we'd have full on conversations about the topic. Like most other couples, I'm sure, during the normal week once we get home we recap how our day was, what we'll do the rest of the night, then ready for bed, and bed. Between me going to school and work (and being outside of the house about 13 hours) we don't usually have time for full on conversations, it's kind of nice to have them once in a while and pick each other's brains apart. It was nice to have them while we were driving, like I mentioned before, I'd read that article about some couples not being able to drive without fighting and I really do believe he and I get along so much better when we go on road trips.

The only bad part of the drive was HAVING to stop in Death Valley for gas and a bite to eat. The thing was it was 120 degrees there! Even the breezes were hot! It was miserable. But it was a quick stop and we got back into the nice a/c'd up car and on our way home. The craziest part of our drive home was being in between two lightning storms. I really wish I could load up video from my phone, because at one point we were so close and it was coming so fast lightning was showing about ever 2-4 seconds and I had to record it, and it looks crazy cool on my phone! It was funny because we saw one storm on each side, but we never drove through the rain at all.

We didn't get back home till about 10 P.M.-by then we were so tired we brought in the cold food and passed out! It was such a great trip overall and we had a blast through the entire thing, even with the minor bumps, we found our own way to make it through and we got along so well and I was so surprised I didn't forget anything major or something didn't get super messed up.

Proof of the crazy heat:

 This was my first time seeing the Ocean (from what I remember) and I thought it was quite pretty (even if I refuse to swim in it)



So that is our entire California adventure, all blogged out. I wrote all these down a head of time so that I wouldn't forget, and I meant to post them all sooner, but then got a little lazy. I hope it sounded fun, I have a tendency to be excited about some tiny details that most don't care about, but we really did have a blast throughout the whole thing! So until next time...

No comments: