Pages

Feb 17, 2013

Is there such a thing as premarital nesting?

Hello blogging world! I have no idea why this come on all of a sudden, but I have hit some sort of premarital nesting craze lately! It's like some creative bug has bit me or something. Lets go back a little to explain it a bit more.

So when Larry and I had talked wedding plans we were, obviously, talking about costs, I'm usually super good at budgeting so when I want something that is a year away I always find out how much I need to save from each paycheck or each month to make that a possibility and we were getting some help with the wedding so I figured we'd be good with what we made, but just in case I figured our taxes would help go towards some. Because I thought that way I knew I wanted to have the tropical honeymoon I always envisioned and, long story short, Hawaii was what we decided on. Well Saturday I go to file my taxes online and, if you remember, I mentioned I tried filing already but I didn't like the number I got so I wanted to wait until I had all my forms to see if it changed anything, it didn't. I was getting about 3% of what I was thinking I might get back (um HUGE difference!), which definitely wasn't going to pay for the honeymoon by itself.

Let me tell you something about me: I'm willing to make sacrifices if I know I have to, but there have been a few things about this wedding I was not willing to go cheap on-the photography and the honeymoon. Everything else I didn't care if I found the cheapest thing in the world for, those were the two most important parts to me. I wasn't giving up my Hawaiian dream honeymoon. I mean how can you give up a place like this:



photo courtesy of TripAdvisor

AH!!!! I really can't wait to be there!

So anyways, I go check my budget and try and find ways to cut costs a bit (I'm really okay with how much I have saved up, but it literally would have been every penny and I don't like knowing I'd have no savings when we got back, nothing to start a new life on) and after looking around and messing with numbers I found out a lot of some cutesy extra things I had planned I could totally DIY them for, basically, free and so I started to and I ended up LOVING how they came out. I'm not sharing what I did or what they look like or anything, but I have to say I'm really excited about them and I've NEVER been that sort of creative person. Granted a lot of my ideas I just got templates from online and changed things a bit to match with our wedding, but hey, I think I should still get the points!

Then on top of that I started thinking about what we're going to do with the home once we get back from the wedding. I figured I'd wait till September to really start re-vamping the place up so that gives us time to save up some and get a lot of ideas and paint samples and pricing done, but today I was checking out pinterest and I got some really fun ideas of what I want to do with our home. I used to be all about "oh I wonder when we'll get to start our family after getting married" but now I'm really all about "oh man that would be such a cute accent wall color" or "I so have to have those frames for this room!" I just absolutely can't wait till we can finally do what I'm picturing in my head to this place. Other than the hallway I think I have things figured out for every room!

So now that I'm on some creative roll, excuse me while I go update our registries and get some more fun wedding crafts out of the way :) Just wanted to share I'm officially loving this next step in our lives more than I was before ha ha.

Oh and side note: March 16 we get to go pick out all our reception stuff (menu, invitations, flowers, cake, etc. etc.) so I'm REALLY stoked about that date! It'll also be a little (TINY) bit under 3 months at that point as well! So many fun things to look forward to I might just burst haha.

No comments: