Pages

Feb 18, 2013

Just another reason I love this guy

I have to share a moment from yesterday that, everytime I think of it, just melts my heart. Larry and I took a trip to Wendover and on our way back we were having a talk about what I wanted to do with the house and how I wanted to decorate each room. Right now we have two extra rooms, one is supposed to be a guest room and the other an office. Well when I was talking about the colors I wanted to do each room I seemed to turn to how the colors I'd chosen would work for when we had kids and I mentioned something about how any sons we had would go into the office room and then daughters would go into the guest room (I kind of felt that's just always how it would've been since we moved in). Well then we started talking more about how many kids we wanted and how many girls vs boys and I mentioned how I would like a girl after all our boys so that she'd have a bunch of older brothers to take care of her and then the following happened:

Larry: "Yeah, but I kind of don't want to think about that."
Me: "Think about what?"
Larry: "Having any daughters."
(I kind of suspected he was talking about not wanting to deal with them when they're teenagers because I joke teen girls in my family are evil)
Me: "Why not?"
Larry: "Because then I think about when they start dating and I know I'm going to have a hard time dealing with my little girl growing up and wanting to be with other boys."

I mean is that not the most adorable thing ever? When he told me that I swear my heart just grew twice as big for him. I think I just loved it more because I didn't have that growing up and I like knowing my daughters will. I love him so much, he's such a great guy and will be a great husband and father!

No comments: