Pages

Jun 3, 2013

Best Weekend Ever

Okay I just had the BEST weekend ever! Up until today it's EXACTLY what I needed for right before the wedding. I can't believe we're at 12 more days till the big day now! So let me go over the best weekend ever:

Saturday:
Saturday had a whole bunch of snags, but it was still a really fun day. I woke up, got ready, got my manicure for my bridals, went to pick up my wedding dress, got my bridal bouquet, went to my mom's to hang out until my hair and makeup, went to hair and makeup, went downtown to do bridals, and came home to undo my hair.

The cons: I went to pick up my dress and part of it that was supposed to be taken off was still on it-even though I told them back in January to take it off. It was a hideous part of my dress and I was really upset to see it still on when I was expecting it to be taken away. I was told from Millennial Falls that my bouquet would've been there and we could only pick it up between 2 and 4 (my hair and makeup was at 2 so mom was supposed to pick it up on her way to meet me at hair and makeup), but at 11:30 the florist called me to say I needed to come pick it up before 1 because they had another wedding to go to. This wasn't part of the plan and I wasn't sure if I'd have time to go to my mom's now that I had to make another stop. When I finally got to the florist, the bouquet was NOT what I had pictured, it was supposed to be white roses with stargazer lilies, but the lilies hadn't fully bloomed so it was more like buds with white roses and was kind of plain. I brushed it off, but it was kind of annoying. Once we got to start my bridals (after MUCH walking around in my dress) I found my veil was torn and my dress had snags on it from the ugly "attachment" that was supposed to be removed when I picked it up that morning.

The pros: The alterations lady was at the dress shop (luckily) and was able to quickly remove the stuff that wasn't supposed to be there AND she even offered to press it once more after she removed it. The bouquet wasn't as big of a deal, I'm getting a different one for the wedding, so hopefully that one is much better and I even had enough time to go to my mom's to hang out for a second. I got a ton of compliments on my dress as we were walking downtown, it really made me so much happier about it. My bridals were SO much fun and the few pictures she showed me after she shot them were beyond gorgeous so I really can't wait to see the finished product. Mom took my veil in today to get fixed and the shop said I could bring the dress in to show them the snags and see if they can fix them. So I really lucked out.

Sunday:
Sunday I woke up, got ready, drove up to my grandma's, met up with mom, grandma, Cindy, and Tanny and then we all drove up to Ruth's Diner (if you haven't been, go as soon as you can, it's amazing food!), then after breakfast we went to the zoo and then after the zoo Tanny, mom, grandma, and me drove around the avenues while I got to hear old stories from when they were growing up and then we went to Papa's grave (which was emotional, but really a good ending to our family day) then we came home (Larry and I did grocery shopping, laundry, and relaxed a little).

Cons: The zoo was hot, people got chaotic for a second, I cried probably harder than I have in a while at the grave (it's crazy how much I still miss Papa and how much I can remember him like he's still around), and the heat ended up giving me a monster headache.

Pros: My family is amazing. I had the most fun with them. It took me like 2 months to get everyone free for a day-I wanted one last day with all the girl's since Cindy and mom are moving away soon, just one day as our last memories together before they move for laughs and fun times-and I'm so glad I accomplished it and it was everything I expected! I will really really really miss having them around, but I'm so glad I've had them in my life as well. They've been the best role models I could ask for!

Just a couple pics:
Love these ladies more than anything!

Miss him more and more every day.
This turned into a longer post than I expected, but it was an amazing weekend and I want to make sure I remember it! Here's to the next two weeks flying by!

No comments: