Pages

Aug 28, 2013

Three Days Grace (Number 17)

So this may sound weird, but when I made our little bucket list it hit me that Larry and I have never been to a concert together, at least not a regular, buy tickets, and go see them sort of concert. I thought that to be weird and since I know you don't get many chances to go out and stay out late once you have kids, it went onto the list. Well last weekend we got our chance to cross it off when we went to see Three Days Grace, which just so happens to be my absolute favorite band! They were playing at The Depot, which was awesome because they don't have the typical seating there, so you can stand or sit wherever. We sat at the back of the open floor (but in front of the bar/tables area so still near the front). The opening band was a band called Otherwise, they were okay. I would've liked their songs so much more if they hadn't been screaming through like 30% of them. They played one I recognized from the radio and I liked that one, but the rest I'd be nodding my head along to it then they'd start screaming and I'd lose interest. It made time for some GREAT people watching though. I told myself all the "weird" people there were there for the opening band, because when you see people with hair that matches their pants AND shoes you have to think you're not really part of THAT crowd...right?

We had this foursome group stand RIGHT next to us, which was annoying because there was plenty of room to go anywhere else, and I mean they were literally right there-I could smell one girl's hairspray and when she went to go cuddle with her guy and grab his arm she ended up rubbing up my leg by accident...why must people ignore the personal space bubble that shouldn't be invaded?

Anyways, once TDG started playing I forgot about that all, because they were AMAZING!!! I was able to scream/sing out every song they played, and luckily no one could hear me, and the place was so energetic and awesome. I had forgotten that they replaced the main singer a few months back so it was interesting to see the new guy, but he sounded just like the other one and they did awesome! The only thing is he kept sticking his tongue out like he was Ozzy Osbourne or something and kept wiping his hair so it was perfect, but when you're playing on stage, you really don't NEED to keep your hair perfect, it's going to get messy. Unfortunately, Larry and I are not used to being up late so we didn't stay throughout the whole thing, but I loved every second of what we did see there. It was a good night with my babe!

Here's just some pictures from the concert (oh yeah, the lighting was REALLY bad where we were so our picture kept turning out dark):

No comments: