Pages

May 9, 2015

Nickel City Birthday

I know last year I posted about how we took Andy to Nickel Cade for his birthday and then went out for ice cream. Well this year we decided to replicate that, but better. We (Andy, Larry, and I) used to all love going to Nickel Cade, even though they are pretty run down.  There were just positive memories from those days. A few months ago Larry and I had a coupon to try this Nickel City down in Orem and boy was that so much nicer than Nickel Cade! I decided we had to take Andy for his birthday since he loved these places.


You can tell Larry's more used to me taking pictures all the time than Andy haha. He had a good time though


 
Not as big as last time,  but a good haul still

It was pretty crowded so we weren't able to do as much as last time, but we got to play some fun new games. I love ones that we can play together (like basketball, ski ball, and the one where you throw balls at clowns to get more time). Larry loved the bouncy ball jackpot game, it's where he ends up winning most of his tickets...but also spends most of his nickels as well.

The best part is (in my opinion) there wasn't a Baskin Robbins near by (not the best part, obviously), so we decided to take him to Coldstone and it turns out he had never been before. He only ended up getting a shake (we all got really full at Chili's for dinner), but he said it was the best shake he'd ever had. It was a win-win! I wish we could've done more for his day, but I'm sure he's happy he got to celebrate at all.

Happy Birthday Andy! I hope we helped make it a special day!




No comments: