Pages

Jul 22, 2015

Escape the Room night

Earlier tonight Larry and I got to experience something new and exciting...Escape The Room. Have you heard of this new thing? It's where you get a group of people and you're locked in a room trying to figure out how to get out with the clues that are given to you and you only have an hour to do it. I heard about these sort of things back in New York, but with it only being two of us I wasn't sure we'd want to be with strangers in a difference city so we decided to forgo it. Fast forward to when we got home and I got a magazine talking about all the fun things to do this summer in Utah and saw that we have one of these here.

Luckily we didn't have to be alone or with strangers, Cassie and Justin tagged along with us (I mentioned it to her at work and she said it sounded like something they'd like to do so we decided to meet up together). I can't speak for everyone, but for me once they explained the storyline and let us in the room there I was just so excited to get the puzzle solved. I won't give away any clues or what you have to do except to say that you get 4 hints and while I was determined to get out without taking any of them, I found there were certain circumstances that you absolutely needed them. Plus our guy was good at letting us know if we didn't have enough information to solve one part of the puzzle so we knew to concentrate on other things.



I think we got out with about 48 second left on our clock (it was a really close call for us), but we got our gold bars and got to take a picture with fun little signs. It was funny because Justin kept making comments about Cassie being "so hot" and calling her babe (such cute newlyweds), so that's why he got the sign he's holding haha.

I'm excited because they said in the next month or so they'll be adding another "Nuclear Reactor" room and eventually an "Indiana Jones" room. We just did the Provo Heist one, but it was a lot of fun. I'd recommend this for any date night, even if it is just the two of you (I doubt getting stuck with others would be too difficult, it's just nice to go with others just in case).

No comments: