Pages

Jul 26, 2015

Work parties, doctor visits, and a ghetto neighbor

My work, being as awesome as it is, decided to make things even better by letting my department take a half day on Thursday so that we could head to All Star Lanes for a fun afternoon activity. I haven't been to All Star before, but it is a really fun place! They have bowling, mini bowling, mini golf, laser tag, arcade games, and bumper cars.

I didn't do laser tag (I get way too wound up when I play and I start cursing so that's out for me usually), but I got to try mini bowling (which hurt the next day...I must've been throwing that ball really hard), we got a group together for some mini golf, and while normally I avoid bumper cars everyone made them look so fun so I decided I had to try them (I didn't regret that decision).

I had to leave a bit early because I had a chiropractic appointment (which is a separate thing), but I loved it. I ended up leaving with some points on my card to use in the arcade so I think Larry and I are going to have to stop by there one night to play for a date night haha.

For the chiropractic thing, it was a deal through my work that this clinic would do some x-rays, a back consultation to see how bad my spine was, do an adjustment, and a free massage appointment. I decided to try it out since I was told before I had a mild case of scoliosis and I wanted to get it confirmed with them to see. It was cool to see the x-rays they did, and having the guy do the adjustment and look at my back felt pretty good, but in the end they wanted me to pay quite a bit to do a year of adjustments and it wasn't something I felt was important enough. They made another appointment for my massage, but I'm not sure I'm going to go back. I don't like the idea of them trying to sell me more things. It was clear they didn't read my forms I filled out because they were telling me to take supplements I already was (and wrote down) so it didn't feel like it was a legit thing.

Either way it was a really good day. Of course, any day that I can leave early and have fun with some co-workers and then head home a little early for a 3 day weekend is a great day in my book :)

As a plus, here are our new neighbors camping in front of our building:



I'm not sure why, but they set up the camper on Friday and they've actually camped in it the whole weekend. They are on the ground floor so they hooked it up to their own home (power wise at least). We'd go out and they'd just be sitting outside pretending to camp, almost like their home was off limits. It was pretty weird, I'm not sure why they didn't go camping somewhere else. But at least their weekend was more exciting than ours. I was going to use this weekend to clean, but I had to take my car in for an oil change on Saturday and have the breaks checked out, but it took 3 hours for them to tell us the breaks needed to be replaced (luckily I'm within my year warranty) and that would take a couple more hours. We're just going to drop it off tomorrow night and have them replace them Tuesday because we were DONE with the place by then...oh well. After that I decided it was a veg out weekend so I didn't plan anything else (translation: boring, relaxer weekend).

Hope ya'll had a great 24th weekend :)

No comments: