Pages

Jul 11, 2015

Healthy Motivation

So let me tell you, this new thing I'm doing is hard some days! My main thing has been to see if I could stick to the food pyramid guidelines without going over my calories (from the MyFitnessPal App) and also cutting out as much sugars as possible. I'm a candy freak! I love it, I would eat it all day every day if possible. I knew I had to get a hold of my self when I'd find myself choosing candy over my lunches some days.
 

So right now my basic meals go something like this:

  • Breakfast: Cereal w/almond milk (which doesn't give you dairy, but I can't switch back to normal milk at this point).
  • Morning snack: Veggies (usually carrots and tomatoes) and wheat thins.
  • Lunch: Sandwich w/a fruit side and fruit juice
  • Afternoon snack: String cheese and a piece of fruit (except on weekends when it's granola in yogurt)
  • Dinner: Something w/meat and veggies

I've found I mostly ate okay before, I just avoided veggies like the plague. I just needed to replace candy with those things and I was good. Unfortunately saying I can't have candy and need to have a carrot instead doesn't help some days.


I've also tried to incorporate working out a bit and eating out a lot less (even if it's something that would fit into my meal plan, I don't feel I'm ready to gamble that just yet and lose site of what I want). This weekend I was able to finally fit into the pants I used to not be able to so much (the black ones above). I could wear them, but usually after I ate a meal they became too tight and I would get uncomfortable in them. I was able to wear them all day without any issues, I was so excited! I know I still have a ways to go, but it's a nice push to stay motivated.


Also, all these motivational posters I keep in my phone help. I took screenshots of a lot from Pinterest and I've found almost any day one of them will help me through it. It's just a matter of sticking with it this time. I've known (when attempting something like this before) that I should say yes when I don't want to, but I'd give in and think that I'm an adult and can do whatever I want now, but that's where I went wrong. I need to find a way to push through that thinking and stick with this. Luckily Larry has been such a great supporter. I've text him several times saying "They are going to Noodles for lunch today!!" or "It's so-and-so's birthday and they are having ice cream sandwiches!!" and he'll be my voice of reason haha.

Speaking of great husbands, look at how sweet he was this week:


He had those delivered to my work yesterday "just because". I think it's because he knows I've been having a hard week with staying motivated. He's such a sweet heart!! Love him to pieces!

No comments: