Pages

Aug 5, 2015

Summer Entertainment

So this summer we decided to take advantage of the Megaplex $5 Tuesdays deal. We had a ton of movie gift cards and there were a bunch of movies we wanted to see that had either come out all at once or one right after another. What's nice is these were basically free date nights for us and we got quite a bit of them, we were able to go see:


  • Ted 2: I had heard this one was better than the first (we're big Seth Macfarlane fans, but I'll admit I wasn't sold on the first movie...I thought it could've been better) so we started with this one. I'll say if you liked the first one you'll like this one too, it was better, but I think A Million Ways to Die in the West will be my favorite of his movies.

  • Jurassic World: This is one (like most of the movie choices) that I was more excited for than Larry. He read the books and didn't like how the movies had been made, but I'm a sucker for them. This one had quite a bit of plot holes, but I still plan on buying it when it comes out :)

  • Inside Out: I don't know that Larry and I are ready for kid movies just yet. It's not that I wasn't a fan, but I felt too anxious the whole time watching this. I just kept thinking "hurry and get back to the main HQ already!!" Haha. It was cute, but I could've passed on it and been okay.


  • Trainwreck: Oh my gosh! I've never laughed so hard at a movie! Hopefully by this time you've either already seen it or ruled it out, because I'm probably ruining it by saying this. The very last scene I laughed so hard at I was in tears and it got really quiet in the theaters and I had to try and hold it in and it was so hard. I'm pretty sure the lady who was standing outside our theater thought I had been beaten in it because I was just crying so hard when we got out. Go see this one! If you can handle semi-nudity/profanity at least.


  • Vacation: Another hilarious one! I laughed really hard at some parts of this one and was really pleased with how it turned out. This movie really does stand on it's own as far as new jokes, but keeping with the old style of the original. Another one I'd recommend you go see.


I've also started a new book series, the Women's Murder Club by James Patterson. I used to be into romance books (judge me all you want, I don't care), but I've really gotten into murder mystery type books more lately. I love not knowing who the killer is, but seeing how they solve the crimes. I'm pretty sure if I could stomach it I'd love to be a medical examiner, I feel like they are the biggest key in how crimes get solved. This series has 14 books out right now and I'm only on the second one, but it's still great. Plus the chapters are only 2-5 pages (max) so it's easy to just zoom through it. I definitely think I'm hopping onto the James Patterson train.

I could only find a picture of 11 together, but there are 14

It's nice because Larry is re-reading the Sword of Truth series so we usually end our nights reading together. Top that with our Tuesday movie date nights and we're happy campers. I try not to really plan things for weeknights (usually after we're done working we just want to relax, not go hiking or anything), so knowing we've found ways to relax, but still spend the nights together has been a great escape from the day-to-day. Plus I feel like this way we're still doing something with our summers without spending an arm and a leg (and there's nothing better than a cool movie theater on a hot day!)



No comments: