Pages

Jun 13, 2016

Our First Neighborhood Party and A House Update

Okay, we officially love this new neighborhood we're moving into! The people are so friendly and welcoming! We had our first official neighborhood party, a barbecue pot luck. It was so yummy. I'll admit I was nervous because I'm not exactly a social butterfly and Larry is pretty introverted around new people as well. Most of these people already knew each other and we'd be newbies in the neighborhood. I also knew a bunch of them (like 90%) had kids and we don't so I felt like we'd be the little kids of the neighborhood. Luckily no one treated us that way. Sure, they asked what we were going to do with all the space in our new house, but no one made me feel like we were odd for not having kids. A bunch of the others came up to us to get introductions out of the way so that really helped relieve some of the stress of meeting people. I can't wait to officially move in and get to know more of them.



While we were there we decided to stop by the house and check out what was new. We officially have shelves and railing in! It's crazy how much they get done each week! It's really starting to come together and really hitting me this is our house! I can't wait to move in and show it off. We're still tossing around the idea of having Thanksgiving in the house this year...it depends on when we can get a good dining table to fit everyone.






Anyways, that's me bragging about how awesome our new place will be. I love our condo and when we moved in it was such a nice neighborhood, but there's so many new people in our building I hardly know anyone anymore...hopefully that won't happen in the house.

No comments: