Pages

Jun 26, 2016

That Time We Went to the Air Show (again)

So a couple years back we went to the Air Show they hold at Hill Air Force Base. I remember we had fun, but I forgot ear plugs back then and I didn't realize how incredibly loud the show got. We also got so hot we stayed under the big plane and didn't get to see too much of the planes really doing their tricks.

 
 
Once I heard it was coming back I told Larry we had to go again to make up for the first time. And this time we went more prepared! Larry surprised me with some awesome ear protection covers (like what you use when you go shooting), we brought sunscreen, and just enjoyed the day (i.e. I just soaked up the sunshine). We got there really early so it wasn't as crowded and we could take our time walking through the base. I even got to see a ton of the tricks really early on, when it wasn't as hot as later in the day, so I loved that part! Larry's Mom and Jim showed up a little after noon so we could hang out and visit while watching the other planes do their tricks (although I think only Jim and I were the ones who really wanted to watch the planes haha).





Larry started to get restless after a couple hours so we decided to leave early. Which now I think was probably a good idea to avoid traffic while leaving. We went over to Marie and Jim's to have dinner, which I never complain about because she's such a good cook. I usually always love going over there for meals. It was really nice visiting with them and seeing more of the planes this year. I'm not sure we'll go every year they hold it, but it is a fun experience.

 

I'm still loving being out in the sun, as long as I have sunblock to stop from being burned. I'm not sure what it is this year, but seriously, ever since St. George I just always want to be outdoors and in the sun. I also want to walk everywhere! I haven't wanted that since I was in Jr. High and we didn't have cars, but had the summers to do whatever we wanted. I think it's going to be a great year!

No comments: