Pages

Jun 25, 2016

Summer Time

Oh boy am I excited for the warm weather! It's really heating up lately, I almost have a hard time believing summer could really be here...in Utah you just never know when the cold will show back up. I swear we are 50% cold, 30% chilly, and 20% summer throughout the year. The summer doesn't last nearly as long as it should. After going to St. George I'm suddenly obsessed with being out in the warmth. I love the idea of going on walks in the middle of the day.



Even though we're saving up for the house I'm still craving planning a vacation. I haven't been able to plan one since New York...everything after that was completely last minute. I didn't realize I'd miss planning a big vacation again, but I do. I check out Groupon and KSL Deals travel pages all the time because it's just the most fun to check them out and start dreaming of where we could go next. I think I get a high from vacations or something.



The only problem is I always spend the summer in long jeans. I decided this year I wanted to wear shorts again. Maybe my legs should finally get some sun haha. Old Navy was having a crazy sale this weekend on flip flops so my mind decided that would be a good time to go get shorts. Actually, I shouldn't complain, everyone was so focused on shoes that there were tons of shorts available for me to try on. I found two that I figured would work for weekends this year and now I'm so excited to wear them. Once I got home I immediately put a pair on and wore them the rest of the day. Now I'm realizing I should've gotten a couple more, just to switch it up a little.



While I was in my new shorts and feeling pretty good about myself we decided to go check out the house again (it's something we do every weekend if not once again during the week at this point). We officially have cabinets, tile, rock and stucco, and a painted door. We also got to lock in our rate and have a closing date set: July 20th!!! It's so nice having a date and it makes it feel so much more official. This whole time I tell people sometime in July and they would say it's so close, but because we didn't have a date I would think "eh...it'll come up eventually", but now I can say July 20th! We've already put in our PTO for the week afterwards to move in and get settled...oh and get the condo ready to sell. I'm trying not to think about that part, it's stressful thinking of how that will go.






So now that summer is beginning I'm already hopeful to get lot of plans started. We probably won't be able to do anything big until after we move, but I'm sure I can find some things to take up our time and make it go quicker so we can move quicker ;)

No comments: