Pages

Jul 16, 2018

We're Having A Girl!

So we had our official anatomy scan today! My new office makes you wait until 21 weeks, rather than 20...so I was DYING to know what we were having to not only know that everything was healthy, but to finally announce to everyone we are pregnant!

I got this shirt specifically for the announcement.
It might be one of my favorite maternity shirts!
Knowing this appointment was coming up, I wondered if we should think of another way to do a gender reveal for us, but decided against it. I thought it might be fun to actually find out at the appointment like normal people (or at least the old normal haha). I was nervous that if we found out we were having a girl we'd not act as excited as if we found out she was a boy (I had my suspicions that we were having a girl, I still partially felt like we were having a boy too), but I had to go in with an open mind either way.

When she scanned across the bum and pointed to the obvious - She's a girlie - I looked at Larry, he looked happy just to know, but he was preoccupied with Cara to really react. We left the appointment joking about how outnumbered Larry would be and thinking about raising sisters that would be so close in age...and then I started to get REALLY excited about having another little girl. I mean we don't HAVE to get a ton of new clothes, mostly just cold clothes for the first 3 months, but the rest we can just add sweaters to. The only other thing we needed to get was the crib, a double stroller, and diapers - and that would have been true no matter what we were having.




Thinking of raising sisters who will fight over clothes and pull each other's hair, but will be best friends and will be so close in age that they are practically twins, seriously makes me so giddy! Even though Cara has NO idea what having another baby even means right now, we both are happy that she probably won't remember a time without a sibling growing up so it works so well for us!


Cara's feelings about having a sister haha
The only downside? We had Cara's name always on our mind for if we had a daughter, so even though we had a pool of names for when she was born, we always kind of knew we'd go with Cara. This baby? Oh man, picking another girl name we both just absolutely love is SO hard. And thinking of picking out a middle name again? That was the hardest part with Cara haha. So wish us luck with not only finding a name, but raising two girls and guiding them through the minefield that is surely yet to come!

No comments: