Pages

Jul 1, 2018

Larry's Dirty Thirty

That's right, Larry is officially an old man...as old as me now! I will say his 30th birthday was a good day, but I think I had a better one ;) haha

The biggest point for this year is I wanted to make sure it was better than last year (I didn't do a post on it because his last birthday was kind of sad...we went to Home Depot to get the garden boxes and then he got his gun, but he couldn't do much more because I was feeling overwhelmed with a new baby and...well I just felt bad). This year, was similar, but much better:

  • First we hit up Home Depot and Costco. Larry LOVES walking Costco to check our their new monthly deals...It's almost become a weekly tradition - on the weekends go check out Costco. It's kind of addicting haha. At Home Depot he just bought some grass seed with a gift card he got so we could help our front yard look a little better.
  • We stopped off at Get Some (the gun shop...see how this was similar to last year?). Larry wanted to get a concealed gun since we both now have our concealed permits (finally!). He ended up getting a S&W gun with some bullets. He wanted to get a holster, but the only ones they had were too big for him so he'll have to order one online. He also got a free shooting range pass that expires next year so I told him he'll have to take a weekend or two in the next year to go try out his new gun. Cara LOVED walking the shop (we joked we were just getting her used to guns early...can't go wrong with that haha). She found this mini stair area that she loved going up and down the stairs on...which is when I discovered she can go down stairs all on her own! She also found the drinking fountain and played a game with pushing the button. It was pretty cute.

  • After Get Some we then went to Leatherby's for lunch and ice cream. We got Cara some friend mac n cheese bites that I was a little hesitant about, but she ended up loving and ate so well! We also gave her bites of our ice cream (Larry's usual bubble gum and me with my play doh...so yummy!) and she really loved that! It was so cute to watch her open her mouth as she sat on Larry's lap and he'd bring a spoonful of a bit up to his mouth, but she thought she was getting it. 


  • After lunch we went home so Cara could nap. I tidied up some and just worked on my computer for a bit while Larry played games.
  • After nap time we went to Nickel City. Cara was a tad worried at first - it was a lot of noise, lights, and people to suddenly be around, but eventually she warmed up to everything and loved riding some of the little kid rides they had. I think I spent a majority of my cash card on her riding the mini carousel. Larry got to play a lot of games and Cara found the drinking fountain again so she wanted to play with the button again. We ended up lifting her up and she got to drink from it a little bit. Sometimes she seems like she's getting so big all of a sudden!




  • Next we stopped at Godfather's Pizza for some pizza and cinnamon strudel. We watched The Nut Job with Cara and then after she went to bed we watched Iron Man (we've decided to watch the Marvel series for our Saturday Movie Date Night).
  • Today (which is his actual birthday) Larry got to relax. He got a nice nap, we just got groceries and I did laundry. It was a good weekend. The only reason we did the celebration yesterday is because some of the places were closed today (with it being Sunday), but I did feel like his actual birthday he should get a nice relaxer day since that's what he likes to do.
So, as I said, it wasn't a Hawaiian vacation, but he got to have a day that he wanted and it was all about him. What more could he ask for? Seeing Cara climb and go down stairs was so exciting and the fun she had a Nickel City was too adorable! She sure loved that Carousel! AND she even started giving high fives with clapping afterwards, which was so cute! I sure love this little family of mine, I'm so excited to have another one to add to the festivities next year!

No comments: