Pages

Sep 13, 2018

That Time We Went to Georgia (And Florida) During a Hurricane! Pt. 2

Okay, you know what's annoying? An alarm clock that buzzes ALL. NIGHT. LONG! And at completely random intervals! Also, only having 4 square pillows on your hotel bed rather than regular sized pillows (and when you call for more they say "no one is here, but if I find them, I'll bring them up" and then you never see or hear anything the rest of the night). Or how about a noise machine you got since you don't have a fan with you, but that's how you sleep at home, but the noise machine is WAY more annoying than anything else....So basically, last night was a rough night! I finally got to the point where I turned off the noise machine and tried to shut the alarm clock up by putting Larry's shirt over it, but then I smelled a gas smell and I was worried the alarm clock would start a fire so I just unplugged it entirely. That helped me sleep a little better, but not having a lot of pillows for support made it a tiny bit difficult.

So this morning we got up for another early morning (which was hard, but there was a lot to do for our last full day in Georgia). We went down to breakfast and saw...a very disappointing site. They didn't have the usual hotel breakfast I aim for when booking hotels, they had frozen waffles you toast in a toaster yourself, and the eggs looked a little sketchy, and there wasn't good fruit out. Luckily we were able to find good enough stuff, we both had a yogurt, Larry made himself a bagel, and I toasted Cara and me some waffles. There were SO many old folks in the breakfast room too, must have been some sort of retirement travel group because they were all together. Oh and they are the worst whisperers ever! I kept hearing "whoa look at that belly!" "Wow, she's so big!". Then these two old ladies came up to me to ask when I was due (and make several jokes that it must be any day now and if one of the ladies there could deliver for me if my water broke). When I told them end of November they went back to their table and I could hear them say things along the lines of "did she say November?" "She must have meant September" "Yeah, but she said November" "There's just no way". Then one of them came up to me to ask if I really said November or September. When I told them November they were just so shocked...again they weren't the best quiet talkers, I could hear them all talk about me. It was a tad awkward. Oh and they all had comments on how they knew I was having a girl. One said they could tell because my face was so full (yeah...that's just my face) another said based on how I was carrying (yeah, that's an old wives tale).

After we got ready, we met up with Stace at Wormsloe, a historic landmark with one of those gorgeous Southern entrances filled with a tree arch. It was so pretty, we even got some family pics done with Stace's fancy camera so I'm really excited to see how those turn out. Sam came with us there with her son Finnick (I hope I'm spelling that right). We did a lot of walking around this place (which in this heat lead to LOTS of sweating!), saw lots of crabs and BIG bugs, and had all the kid shenanigans (including dirt, yelling, crying, and even pooping in the woods). We tried to let Cara walk as much as possible, but when she goes the opposite direction she ended up in the stroller quite a bit.

 



 

After Wormsloe we went to lunch at this place called Jalapenos, oh man this was one of the best Mexican restaurants ever! And Cara really loved her quesadilla haha. I let Larry take Cara back to the hotel after lunch and I went with Stace and Sam to her house. We had plans tonight for a girl's night, but we had to be home in time for when Ollie got home from school and to wait for Cole to get home to leave him with the boys. I've been in a huge nesting mode so when she asked if I'd help her fold laundry, make beds, and organize her pantry and craft stuff I was all too ready to help with that! I LOVE organizing. Normally I don't go to people's homes to do it, but it really felt good to be productive like that.

Sam ended up having to take Finnick home because he was getting tired and she didn't have a babysitter for the girl's night so it was just Stace and I. We went to a place called All Things Chocolate for dinner (we both ordered Crepes that were amazing - I also ordered Fries with mine as well - and now I wish I had one of these places in Utah!) and then down the street for pedicures. It felt so nice to get my toenails done all pretty, I haven't had a pedicure since right before Cara was born. I totally forgot to bring my flip flops and to take any pictures, but were caught up in girl talk. I also got comments at that place about how big I was and talked to these two other mom's about their birthing experience. So I left there with my pedicure flip flops on and waited for Larry to pick me up (I let Stace leave since it was getting dark and I didn't want her to drive by herself in the dark). Larry got there shortly after we were done and mentioned they hadn't eaten dinner yet. We made several jokes before this trip about him going to Hooters (we both have never been) so we decided to go there. I wasn't hungry, but I figured I could feed Cara while Larry ate. Let me tell you how ghetto I felt, though, going to Hooters after 7 PM, in pedicure flip-flops, while 7 months pregnant....and then I bought a really cute onesie they had for sale. It was pink and had the Hooter's Owl on it and was too adorable. Plus I remembered we got Cara a cute onesie when we went to Black Bear Diner before she was born so maybe this could be a silly tradition? I felt so white-trash, but the food was actually really good there! I just snacked on things here and there, but I can see why it's so reputable (and not because of their outfits).

Now just picture my big preggo belly and a baggie with a
Onesie for the new baby and you have a good image of
How bad we looked haha
After dinner we headed back to the hotel to pack everything up and get ready for bed. We have another early morning tomorrow - driving down to Jacksonville to do the zoo early in the day and it's a 2 hour drive. So now it's late enough I need to go pass out before I hate how much sleep I'm missing out on.

No comments: