Pages

Sep 24, 2018

The Makings of a Play Area

Having a wiggle worm child (as I've mentioned numerous times on this blog) means she really likes to explore and isn't one to just sit still. Well ever since she was little Larry would work out while I was at work and put her in this little Octagon area. It was really only good when she wasn't mobile, it just barely fit her.

I've also been thinking it would be nice to have an indoor play area that she could play in when it's too cold to be outside. Something that she doesn't get access to all the time so it's a fun little area. I even got to where I made a silly little puppet theater out of a big box (no money needed for that other than to buy whatever came in the box haha)

Pretty ghetto...I'm thinking I need to decorate it

Luckily Larry must have read my mind because he started buying some foam mats to make into a floor and a gate area. I convinced him to move her little roller coaster down there with her ball pit so she'd have some thing to play with and then he decided to add a rug underneath the floor tiles since we were planning on putting this in the basement (for when he works out), but that flooring is still concrete so she could use some extra padding.

We do have a gate around it and rugs under the mats...
I just forgot to take those pictures apparently
I'm so excited with how this turned out. I'm hoping to eventually put in a play kitchen or table or something for her. I'd love to add books, but she just tears those up for now so we'll wait on those. The only other issues we have with it is making sure she can't reach the movies, because she loves to pull those out as well. But other than that she seems to be loving playing in it. We take her down once in a while during the week (I try and do outdoor nights as much as possible after work, but the weather is getting colder and I know once it snows it might be more difficult) and she just has a ball. She seems to love pulling apart the letters and the inside parts and chewing on them....the life of a teether!

So anyways, I'm just pretty proud of our little play area we created and I hope that she continues to love it and will share with her sister once she's old enough to play in it with her haha.

No comments: