Pages

Oct 2, 2019

Bradsby - Party of Five, coming at ya!


Well if the last two pregnancies were a little bit of a surprise, this one knocked us on our butts! We weren't planning on starting to try for #3 until Gwen was 1, that was the plan! Funny story though at the beginning of September I told a friend of mine I was feeling nauseous, but was 98% sure it wasn't pregnancy related (which I'm sure wasn't at that point, but funny enough I would be by the end of the month). After a couple weeks, that same friend told me she had a dream I was pregnant. I assumed it was just because of the comment I made about my upset stomach earlier in the month so I laughed it off. Then I told Larry about how she had that dream and he said it was funny because he also had a dream I was pregnant. I'm not one that reads into those things, I just thought it was all silly and would be funnier if it turned out I was pregnant, but life went on as usual.

Right before we left for our road trip up to Washington and Montana I was working out and I noticed my belly wasn't as flat as it normally is. Now, with my split abs and my hernia issues I still have, this may not seem like it could be noticeable, but I still did see it. I let Larry know how weird it was and I think I even made a silly joke about how it would be silly if it turned out I was pregnant (maybe that was just in my head though).

Queue our road trip, I knew my period was supposed to start at some point on the trip, but wasn't 100% sure when exactly. I was so nervous the entire time because our AirBnBs all had white sheets and pillow cases and I was so nervous it was going to start at night and I would stain the sheets (super embarrassing, but #TrueStory). When we got to the end of the trip and no period in sight I was wondering if I really could be pregnant (it was feeling a bit more real and kind of scary at that point) or if I was just so stressed that it got delayed this time. Well we got home on the 30th and I was making the grocery list and realized I had some lunch meat left over that I could use for my lunch this week, but I thought maybe I should get a test to make sure I can actually have that for lunch. To be clear I had almost no symptoms at this point, except for a missed period and I was a little easily annoyed towards the end of our trip (i.e. I got upset at Larry when he said we could build our own zoo or when he "blamed" me for putting the wipes in a position in the car that broke the lid off, little things like that), but I knew I just had to be sure. So as we went shopping yesterday I picked up what I thought was a two-pack of the digital tests (the ones that just clearly say pregnant or not pregnant, because I don't like the guessing game of the double line ones).

Side story: there was a checker that kind of recognizes us that was bagging our groceries and when she saw the tests she freaked out and got so loud and so excited for us. She kept asking if it was going to be a boy this time and I just kept thinking we need to know if "it" even exists yet haha.

So we get home, Larry makes a joke about how I was trying to sneak the tests (I wasn't, but I didn't want to be loud about it either). Then I noticed I accidentally got a two pack of tests, but one was the line test and one was the digital. Larry told me I should take the line one now and take the digital one the next morning. I rolled my eyes, but figured it was worth a shot. I did my thing and Larry came in as I was dipping the test and I told him we have to wait for at least 1 minute and started the stop watch on my fitbit. After less than 30 seconds we both looked just to see and saw it was a BIG fat positive. Like no guessing at all, big fat positive. I was so freaked out but also a little happy, but also wondering what the heck we were going to do (this was just so much sooner than I was expecting). I sent a picture of the test to my mom and let my friend know in a Marco Polo message and planned to make a doctor appointment soon.



This morning I got up to take the digital test, just to have that picture, and sure enough, it was still positive. Other than starting to feel a little tired, I still don't feel a whole lot of anything else. So that's the story of how we found out baby #3 is coming into our lives and apparently is really supposed to be here. If I had to guess, my due date should be around May 25th. Although I bet my actual due date will be a couple weeks later, but I have yet to make it to a real due date so it might be end of May/early June. We'll find out at my first appointment. Hopefully we have another strong and healthy baby in there!

No comments: