Pages

Oct 19, 2019

Gwen is ELEVEN Months Old

I am ELEVEN months old!

I did NOT do great on monthly pics at this point


I like: laughing, playing, watching daddy play with Cara, and pretty much anything else besides those in my dislike area.


I dislike: Being hungry, being tired, and having a dirty diaper
I am now: I didn't have a doctor appointment set so all we have is she's in 12 month clothes now, size 4 diapers, and getting bigger and bigger by the day it seems like!



A Typical Day looks like: Just like before, she eats at 7:45 in the morning (baby food w/a 6 oz. bottle), play from 8-11:30. Lunch at 11:30 which is a pouch and 6-8 oz. bottle, play from 11:30-12:30, nap from 12:30-2:30. She'll get diaper changes between those times and before her nap. From 2:30 to 3:30 daddy puts on a movie for both girls, at 3 she gets another 8 oz. bottle. 3:30 he takes them downstairs to play while he works out. After he's done with that he'll put them back in the living room to finish the movie while he showers. They will do whatever till I get home around 5:30 and then we'll do dinner (she'll eat whatever we are eating or some more baby food). We'll play around and talk about anything, maybe do some learning with Cara or walking practice with Gwen, then around 7 we put on a show, 7:15 she gets another 6 oz. bottle. and bed time starts at 7:45 (7:35 if it's bath night) with brushing teeth and then changing diapers and into PJs and bed time. It's been a perfect system for us.



This Month I: Learned I'm going to be a big sister at the beginning of the month. Started walking from daddy to a close place that's only a few steps away. I got to try more foods that I'm loving - anything that doesn't come in a pouch or baby food container. I get jealous watching everyone around me eat all the good stuff.

I'm excited because my parents keep talking about Halloween coming up and what costumes we're going to be...sounds like it's going to be a fun time!

I also went on a fun road trip with my family at the end of September and had so much fun. Sleeping was a bit of an adjustment, but other than that I did pretty good for being stuck in a car for so long.



Parent's Notes: Gwen had a couple moments where she was talking in her sleep haha. We were driving home and she was sleeping and we heard her go "woah!" from the backseat, but when I checked on her she was passed out. Then a night or so later at 3 AM I woke up to her shouting out "DA!", but when I checked her on the monitor she was still asleep. Such a silly girl.

She's getting more and more close to walking. She loves saying all sorts of words and sounds and so far isn't so picky with foods she's tried. I'm so excited to take both girl's out trick or treating this year, but the newest pregnancy has made me feel so sick that we may not be out for too long (or I may not be going out all together). But I am excited for the holidays to be coming up! I still can't believe in a month she's going to be a whole year old! It's gone so quickly.

Update on last month's goals:
  • Work on walking more - she's getting closer and closer, but just a few steps. I'm hoping she'll be walking by her birthday.
  • Enjoy another road trip with her - we can cross this off the list. she did so well going to Washington and Montana. She's been such a good baby for us!
  • Introduce her to football season - we watched a couple games, but then I got too sick and watching TV was too hard. Luckily we have more games to watch until February, hopefully we still have time for this one.
  • Introduce her to Halloween movies/shows - we put on a few ones for her so far, but I haven't been as diligent.
  • Get ready for her FIRST birthday!! - still getting ready for this one next month!

Goals for next month:
  • Celebrate Halloween
  • Get through being pregnant with a baby who likes to snuggle and be held all the time.
  • Work on walking still
  • Maybe introduce her to having a blanket at night
  • Figure out some good foods for her to try to replace her bottles
  • Wean her from the bottles by a year

No comments: