Pages

Dec 8, 2019

3 Months (Weeks 9 - 13)







Compare/Contrast: So far this last month has been a bit easier. I decided to stop taking the meds over Veteran's Day Weekend (I had to go the ER due to some breathlessness and heart palpitations, but it turns out everything is fine and we suspected the breathlessness was due to the pills so we decided to take a break and see) and I got SO sick by the third day I literally couldn't keep anything down. I decided to start the pills again, but only taking 1 in the middle of the night instead of 2 and it is like my body realized it was exactly what it needed so I've been feeling so much better. Plus the breathlessness stopped pretty much instantly.

My new cravings include tomatoes and ice cream (but not together). I also absolutely love eating salads, which is new. I'll still eat junk foods, but if I can have salads I'm all for that! I'm still pretty tired and I smell all the smells, but other than the fact that I need pills for the sickness it's been a typical pregnancy for me.

Best Moments This Month: Definitely going to the doctor's on the 19th and getting even more confirmation that everything is going good. We got an ultrasound to confirm how far along I am and my official due date is now set to June 5th. The baby was wiggling so much and kicking the cord and looked like he/she was sucking on their fingers. I also got to tell the family and make my announcement on the 20th to lots of supportive comments. Which means I get to start parking in the maternity parking again :)

Luckily the sickness is subsiding, it's been only hitting at night and so as long as I go to bed early I usually handle it well enough. And we've been able to run errands on the weekends! My motivation and planning moods have come back!

Also, the holidays! My mom came to visit for Gwen's birthday party and we also had my side's Thanksgiving dinner, which was pretty good. I'm all for eggnog! I'm also all for lots of food and holidays that encourage that. We also did our own Thanksgiving again this year, but it was by accident - I didn't realize we didn't have an official invite to any other ones and they all had plans that were too far away and since it was snowing like crazy that day anyways we were happy to have it in our own home. But we just did rotisserie chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, olives, and raspberry cheesecake for (my) dessert.

Not baby related, but I picked my planner for next year for my birthday gift and I'm REALLY excited about that!

What I'm Looking Forward To: Definitely getting to the 2nd trimester (hopefully feeling better), getting to know the gender (I really don't care which one it is, but I'll be happy to know and start making plans for him or her), and feeling movements!

No comments: