Pages

Dec 31, 2019

2019 Summary

 January

We celebrated our little Gwen turning 2 months old. I was actually able to watch the ball drop on New Years, but didn't stay up late (but traditions are traditions!). We also had our first date night since she was born and it went pretty well. Not a lot happens with a 2 month old, but it was still a good way to start the year (Gwen it pretty chill)

February

I went back to work this month. It was hard, but at least not as hard as when I went back after Cara was born. We celebrated Valentine's day with homemade eggnog and eggnog cookies. They were a yummy treat, very different. It got a little stressful with two young kiddos, but still turned out a fun day.

March

We got our first visit from the Wilson's since Gwen was born and we went out to dinner. It was our first real dinner with her, we stayed out a little late, but she was a little sweetie (once I picked her up). I also embraced my inner 90s child and got my first set of overalls I've had in decades. I'm so glad the 90s are coming back! Gwen turned 4 months old so we started solids, which is one of my favorite milestones with a new baby.

April

 I discovered a new insane craze of "clean with me" on YouTube. This isn't something I should like, but I do. I LOVE it! It's inspired and motivated me so much! We also celebrated a really fun Easter! I decided last minute to hide eggs and we had SO much fun eating a big Easter dinner. One of my favorite holidays this year for sure.

May

 We started the month celebrating Cara's 2nd birthday (with a HILARIOUS reaction to us singing her happy birthday). I also had my 2nd Mother's Day (and with 2 babies so it's fitting) and Larry got me my gorgeous birth stone necklace. Gwen turned 6 months (which is another favorite milestone of mine)

June

June was ROUGH with our attempt at potty training Cara (that did NOT end as well as I had hoped). Larry had a special Father's Day. We also had a visit from Nana that was definitely a great one for the books!

July

We started the month with a fun 4th of July (which totally inspired my holiday totes and wanting to create traditions for every holiday). We had a VERY special kind of birthday celebration for Larry this year. We took our family vacation to San Diego for Gwen's 7 month trip and it was SO much fun! And one of the best memories was going to Lagoon and taking Cara on her first roller coasters!!

August

 While August didn't have a lot of posts and seems slow, there were some VERY momentous moments. For one, I finally met ALL of my siblings on the Wilson side and it was a day I'll ALWAYS remember. We also went out a bunch now that Gwen turned 9 months and was more awake. It was a great month.

September

September marked the end of Summer and we had a fun one to look back on. We also took another family road trip up to Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and Montana. We made the decision to go a bit last minute and it ended up being to check out possible areas we'd want to move to and it was a great trip (who knew I'd fall so hard for Montana).

October

Obviously the biggest moment this month was finding out our next baby is coming! It was quite the surprise, but a very welcome one! We also celebrated Halloween and had a ton of fun trick or treating for the first time (although this lady was feeling so sick she couldn't hang too long, but we still had fun and the girls looked so adorable!).

November

Gwen turned one this month! We had a fabulous, fabulous party for her (where we decided to always have parties outside our house now). And we had another visit from Nana that was even better than previous ones! We also had a great Thanksgiving Weekend ( much better than last year with a newborn haha)

December 

I had a really great birthday this year! Again, one that inspired years to come for me. We had a really good Christmas this year, as per usual. Such a great way to wrap up the year and I am so happy with how we spent it. Now on to the next decade, it should be a great one!

No comments: