Pages

Jan 1, 2020

Happy 2020!


I’ve been so looking forward to New Years Eve for at least 10 days now! Christmas used to be my absolute favorite holiday, but for some reason, this last year it’s been New Years. I can’t keep mentioning why I love it, but it’s the best to have a fresh start. I think this year I was mostly looking forward to it because I couldn’t stay up last year

This year, though, I was so excited to play games, have pizza and root beer, get some sparkling cider, and watch the ball drop! The only thing that didn’t work out like I had hoped was that the ball drop show didn’t even start until 11 (grr!). So, we decided to put on a movie on Netflix (Night at the Roxbury – didn’t pay attention to a second of it) while we played games. We decided to do an I pick one, he picks one, then I pick one way of picking games. I was so excited to play Scattegories…turns out we don’t have that game somehow (I could’ve sworn we did), so I let Larry pick the first one. We played Monopoly (he won), Quarto (tie game), Life (he won), and then it was my turn, so I made Larry dig up an old N64 and Mario Party 64 and we played that. It was SO much fun! Larry still won (again), but it reminded me so much of being a kid and playing that game again. The bonus was that we finished it RIGHT at 11:56. We turned on the ball drop, grabbed the last of the sparkling cider (Larry drank a good chunk of it at dinner time), and did our midnight kiss.

Luckily the girls went to bed on time, even with some fireworks going off, and stayed asleep while we partied down stairs (I’m not one to let kids stay up till midnight just yet – too young and they can’t play our games so why not just let them sleep?). So now that it is officially 2020 I’m so excited for this year! We’ll be finding out how healthy and what the gender of the new baby is, we’ll be welcoming said baby, I’m hoping to have Cara Potty trained and get her into preschool by the end of the year, we’ll be enjoying a fun summer (which I’ll be on maternity leave for), and it’ll be a great year! I’ve got a lot of goals for the year, so I’ll be doing a separate post on how ambitious I’m feeling this year 😊

Happy New Year Y’all! Make it a great one!

No comments: