Pages

Jan 2, 2020

2020 Goals


Okay, this year is a big one for me. I’m not sure why, but I suddenly had so many goals that hit me in December that I really wanted to accomplish this year. So here goes with what I hope to accomplish this year:
  • Perfect doing a French braid. I’d like to have this one done before this baby is born so I can do my own hair for the labor part. I am planning on practicing this each night as I watch my movies/shows…practice makes perfect as they say.
  • Learn how to make an omelet. This is a silly one, but I really would like to find a way to do this for a Sunday breakfast occasionally. No time frame on it, just something I’d like to do.
  • Start and keep to a skin care routine. This is one that I thought of as I was looking in the mirror with my face next to the girls’ faces. Their skin is just so pure and pretty and clear and mine looks like I’ve spent 30+ years doing nothing for mine. I need to start washing my face a lot more often. I’ve got tons of muds, masks, and exfoliating products I can start using. Just so many things to help me. I think after the baby is born I might try and include taking cooler showers (not cold, just not scalding hot like I’m used to) to help my skin and start using lotions.
  • Read more. I have a goal to have all my magazines (I have about 90) read before the baby is born and have all my current unread books ready by the time I go back to work from maternity leave. If I can’t finish my books by that point then I’d like to have them done by the time I’m done pumping.
  • Learn more about football. Another silly one, but I’d like to learn more about the positions, the AFC/NFC teams, and the rules. I love watching the games, but I need to know more so I can understand the calls.
  • Work more on the house. This is one where I’m constantly making lists of things I’d like for the house to make it nicer, but I never implement. This year I’d like to start actually getting the things, maybe setting aside a monthly budget for each thing and just doing it already! I also want to update our toy bins for the girls. Right now we have y big bins that have random toys in them for Larry to leave out for the girls – one per day. I’d like to change it to types of toys, get rid of crap ones, and help them learn more about cleaning up. For example, we’d have a bin for blocks, bin for action figures, bin for soft toys, etc. Then Larry would pull out the blocks and let the girls play then they’d clean them up to start a different bin. Fingers crossed this one works out.
  • Stick to weekly plan. This includes cleaning, visiting family, doing fun family stuff, learning throughout the week, etc. 
Like I said, ambitious, but I think I’ll have fun with it. I’ll keep the complimenting strangers and trying to stay on top of the blog. Other than that, I have specific post-partum goals I’ll post about later. Unfortunately, as of this point in time, we don’t have a family vacation planned for this year, we’re thinking we’re going to do a staycation again after the baby is born, and then we’ll play the 7 month trip for next February (2021) and that’s our plans for vacations for now.

No comments: