Pages

Nov 25, 2019

Nana's Visit (again)


My mom came down for another visit this year and I’m so excited she did! We’ve had so much fun on her visits and I end up looking so forward to them when they come up again (and since we keep adding babies her visits aren’t likely to end anytime soon haha).


She flew in on the 21st and got to spend time with my grandma. I took Gwen to her 1-year checkup and then met up with my mom and grandma at the South Town Mall (where they had a mini shopping trip) to get her, her groceries, and her luggage. We headed home and had dinner and just let her settle in (travel days are all about just getting settled).

On Friday, the 22nd, we left the girls with Larry in the morning so we could meet up with Grandma at Gardner Village (not necessarily kid friendly), walk the shops, and have lunch. We found many, MANY cute things at all the shops. Mom and Grandma found quite a few gifts for the girls (I’m so going to have to go back to get these cute notepads I found and some cute books I’d love to add to the girls’ collection). Funny thing about lunch, I was telling Larry that morning how lately in my pregnancy I’ve been craving tomatoes all day long and I eat them as much as I can (in salads and stuff), but a BLT sounded really good so I was hoping we’d have lunch at a place that I could get a BLT. We went to Archibald’s (since it’s RIGHT there) and they had a half BLT and soup combo and one of their soups was a bacon potato soup so I ordered that and it more than hit the spot, it was BEYOND yummy! I was so happy (and content). After that we went home and played with the girls. We put a movie on after nap time and mom cuddled up with the girls and we just relaxed. It was a good night.

On Saturday, the 23rd, we celebrated Gwen’s Birthday at Kangaroo Zoo. See this post about those details. Mom had a lot of fun with it haha.

Sunday, the 24th, we celebrated our Thanksgiving with my family and I couldn’t have loved that more! We had all the best fixins, we had everyone there, and hardly any drama was involved haha. It was so nice to have another big family dinner (I don’t think my side has done that in many years, so it was very nostalgic). All the food was yummy, although Cara hardly ate any bites, but we all enjoyed it. I think my favorite part of these get togethers is how Olivia and Cara play together so well (of course Gwen tries to tag along, but she goes so slowly and hardly walks so she gets left behind a little bit haha).

Today was time to say goodbye to Nana. She always hates leaving, but it’s inevitable (I think I’m lucky that I get to come back to my girls after while she’s at the airport). The air was really thick and we got a really big snow storm so we were all joking that maybe her
flight would get cancelled, but that never happened. However, we did meet up with Grandma again for lunch, at Kneaders, and then walked around Kohl’s (where I found a ton of things I’d love to get, but also good Christmas gift ideas for others). Then it was time to head to the airport. Luckily we didn’t see so many turned over trucks this time and it was actually a pretty clear drive. 

We’re always sad at the end of Nana’s trips, but, as stated, we always have so much fun that they are more than worth it. I’m so excited for her next visit (probably after baby #3 is here) and having her help me juggle 3 kids haha.

No comments: