Pages

Dec 1, 2019

Thanksgiving Weekend


Thanksgiving this year was so much different than before. I assumed since we did an early thanksgiving with my mom, we’d have the freedom to spend a full thanksgiving with Larry’s side this year. So on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving I text Marie to see what time they were doing dinner since we hadn’t heard up to that point, but she let me know they were switching years between her kids and her husband’s kids and this year was his kids’ turn. I felt so dumb because I remember she had told me that before and I completely spaced it. My family obviously wasn’t going to do anything, so we had to plan a super last-minute thanksgiving. 

We knew we didn’t really have time (or the patience) to do a whole turkey so we figured an already-made rotisserie chicken, mashed potatoes, stuffing, olives, and chocolate raspberry cheesecake (I will always have the time for that dessert! Haha). Unfortunately, this did make us one of those last-minute shoppers at the store the day before Thanksgiving, but it was okay. They luckily had everything we needed, and it all turned out good (we just reheated the chicken in the oven on Thanksgiving Day). The girls ate little bits here and there but had enough to call it good (I’m not sure why Cara is suddenly the pickiest eater lately, she seems to only eat mac n cheese, pb&j, fruit, or pasta noodles).



Friday, I had to work (kind of had to, kind of voluntary). It was actually kind of nice because I got to work from home, so I loaded up our  DVD player with my Christmas movies picked for this year (I have too many to watch all of them every year so I have them divided between odd and even years), I stayed in my PJs, and worked from bed watching movies all day. Normally, I like to put up Christmas decorations on the Friday after Thanksgiving, but since Larry always has to work it seems pointless and we might as well just wait till the weekend to do that.



Saturday, I wanted to do some shopping. I make it a point to not do any shopping on Friday since I hear it’s crazy with crowds (and I absolutely hate crowds). I had wanted to start my shopping earlier in the month, but since the pregnancy sickness has really kicked my butt this was the first time I felt well enough to be out in public. We went to our shopping area in American Fork and oh my! The crowds there were insane! It didn’t help that the freeway in that area was shut down due to a tanker moving hazardous chemicals had flipped over so they had to clear the whole freeway (both sides) all day long – I guess all the drivers decided to go to shopping in the mean time haha. We were still able to hit up a few shops and I found some really good gift ideas for my list of people. I actually got really into in-store shopping that I might have to do this every year! I’ve decided online shopping is great if you know what you want to get someone, but if you’re looking for ideas, then shopping in stores to browse ideas is better and it made me feel like I got a bunch of good ideas.


Sunday, we did our usual grocery shopping and then put up Christmas. I will say we decorated a bit more than usual (and our new tree we got is so beautiful!), but I still want to do more! I really want to get outside decorations on this year for once, but I have a feeling it’s still not going to happen. I’m just hoping Christmas will be great this year, I’m very excited for it since Gwen is finally over a year and Cara is finally to a point where she can open gifts and is excited about them (anytime a box shows up she starts yelling excitedly “open it, open it!” haha).

No comments: