Pages

Feb 29, 2020

Leap Day is for Celebrating!

Happy Leap Day everyone! Ever since I saw the Modern Family episode where Phil made the declaration to celebrate the extra 24 hours you're given, rather than just treating it like another day I thought....that's a BRILLIANT idea! I swear if I could celebrate every single day I totally would (I can emotionally...financially not so much haha).


Luckily it landed on a Saturday this year so I didn't need to use any PTO, but I fully intend to for future years because...well, why not?


This year we had so much fun with our extra day. We took the girls to a toy store nearby (Teton Toys...if you haven't been, GO! It's the best store!). It has a little fun area for kids to play in so we let the girls play there and I may have roamed the aisles for some good Easter gift ideas (and spent a pretty penny haha). I'm glad my girls are young enough that I can buy things with them and they won't really remember it.


We also went over to Kohl's to browse their stuff. I didn't end up getting anything, but found a lot of things to add to a wish list for holidays. Plus I love any excuse to look around my favorite stores.



Overall, it wasn't the MOST exciting day, but the girls got to have a lot of fun and I loved thinking about how I got an extra day with my family and you can't hate that. Okay, that's probably more mushy than it needed to be, but there you have it. I definitely have plans to make these days more exciting in the future...maybe even taking a page from the Dunphy book and going to a trapeze place haha.

No comments: