Pages

Feb 19, 2022

Larry's Spouse Appreciation Day

So we usually do a "spouse appreciation day" as an alternate to Valentine's Day. I knew I wanted to get Larry's in before the baby is born since you just never know what it's going to be like after a new little one is in the picture. The plan I made for the day:

  • Let him sleep in until he woke up on his own (since I normally wake him up by 9 ish at the latest) 
  • Let him choose lunch, if he'd like to go out for it.
  • During nap time let him go see the new Jackass movie with concessions (he's not as big about seeing movies in the theater, but I know he's interested in this one).
  • Go to Nickel City (either he'd go by himself or we'd go as a family and I'd take care of the girls while he got to play games he usually doesn't get to when he takes the girls).
  • Go to Outback Steakhouse (because he always says guys just need a good steak dinner for Valentine's Day)
  • Come home, put the kids down, and watch a good movie for our Saturday date night.


What ended up happening:
  • He woke up earlier than normal, like 8:31, because he had heard a loud bang and couldn't go back to sleep.
  • We just hung out outside (it was actually pretty decent outside) in the morning
  • He didn't want to go out for lunch AND dinner so I went to get me Apollo Burger because I really wanted that for the day haha.
  • He decided he'd rather take a nap than go see a movie, so he got a nap in during nap time haha.
  • We went to Nickel City as a family. I was able to entertain the girls for a while on my own, but after about 30-45 minutes he joined us and we played random games here and there together. I also made sure to take Lucy to the carousel they have so she could have fun (it's her favorite part of the whole place). The girls got to do the dance game with dad a couple times, and we made sure they got turns on the ride game that they love. We ended with over 3,000 tickets so we took a good chunk of time picking out prizes (mostly candy, with some fun toys too).




  • We went to Outback Steakhouse and had a good dinner. Lucy was having a bit of a fit (I think she was kind of tired from the arcade excitement, too hungry to think of eating, AND she's getting at least 2 of her K9s right now, and that's always the toughest teeth for our kids). Once I caved and gave her her binky she was okay.

She saw the camera and immediately said "cheese"
Which is why I'm laughing
  • We came home, put the girls down and watched "Love and Monsters" on Hulu - a pretty cute movie!
I'm definitely WAY too full from eating out too much, but we also had a lot of fun. The girls really loved the games. I think Larry liked having a more relaxed weekend day (I'm usually just so go, go, go) and playing his own games. Dinner was pretty good (we got a lot of food, including an appetizer and we have quite a bit of leftovers - all the girls' food) and the movie was entertaining. Not a lot more you could ask for right now. 

No comments: