Pages

Mar 2, 2022

8 Months (weeks 32 - 35)

 


Compare/Contrast: The foot and leg cramps have been starting up. I forget how easily I get those when pregnant. Normally, I feel so vulnerable when pregnant, like if someone were to attack us, I would be limited in my ability to protect my family, but I noticed this time I haven't let this last part of pregnancy hold me as back as it normally does. I'm almost deluded enough to think I could do this one more time haha.

On a related (pain) note, the PGP is back...and hard! I've tripped a couple times and been in so much pain I have to sit for a bit to recoup. And rolling over at night is pretty painful. I have to actually sit up to roll over. 

For a first for me, I had my TDAP shot at my 32 week appointment, and for some reason after that I got VERY emotional. Not cry, emotional, but I got really irritated really easily that day. And then for almost 2 weeks I felt very non-motivated. I had no energy to do anything, I had no inspiration to do anything. I felt so off and couldn't figure out how to feel better. Normally doing masks, making lists, or feeling productive helps me, but I didn't even have that. It was my least favorite feeling and wondered if I was experiencing some sort of pregnancy depression. I was planning on asking about it at my 34 week appointment, but by that point I was actually feeling better and getting to be more productive.

The discomfort is REALLY setting in this month too. My belly feels so big all the time. I'm always hungry, but eating gives me heartburn/acid reflux, I get breathless going to the bathroom (which I do constantly!), and the pain of getting off the couch or out of bed is constant! I am always worrying how I'm going to make it 5-6 more weeks, it's definitely not going to be easy haha.

One of our last family date days

Best Moments This Month: I liked once I finally felt productive and could do stuff. Larry took the week of Valentine's Day off (not for any specific reason, but just needed to use some PTO). He was taking a test on the Friday for a certification so I decided to take that Friday off. We had a HUGE pile of dishes to clean and I was feeling overwhelmed, but then I thought it would be great to have him come home to them being done and I had time to kill between lunch and nap time so I just started doing them. Once they were all done (and I'm not just talking simple put dishes in the dishwasher type of thing - there were dishes in the dishwasher that needed to be put away, dishes that needed to be put in the dishwasher, and about 2 rounds of hand wash dishes that needed to be cleaned). Luckily, I got it all done and between that and getting this blog updated I was feeling SO much better and got the kick in the pants I needed.



Speaking of which, getting this blog caught up, officially, has been a GREAT feeling. We now just need to have to work on a show we're almost caught up on, the Walking Dead game we've been working on for quite a few month that should be finished soon, and I have a couple books I should be able to get read by the due date. I'm VERY excited about all that. The only unofficial thing on my "get done before baby" list is to get rid of as many of my winter foam soaps as possible haha.

Gotta do some pretty nails on the girls one day

Luckily, my dr appointments have been going smoothly. They are usually really quick, I'm always measuring on track (even though I feel HUGE!!) and the HR is usually in the 130s. 

Someone felt pretty like a princess

What I'm Looking Forward To: I'm really looking forward to new baby snuggles. I don't do a lot of talking to the baby and I feel bad about that, but when I think of having a new baby I just get so excited to snuggle and cuddle and soak in all the baby stuff. I'm also kind of really looking forward to giving birth. I'm still a bit nervous that I'll have another c-section because you just never know if it'll go that way, but I hope I don't have to (the PGP always makes me nervous my body won't be able to do what it needs to). I'm also looking VERY much forward to finding out if we're having our first boy or another cute girlie. 

I also think I'm going to take the older two girls to a special tea party at this tea house semi-nearby before I'm due as a last fun thing to do before a baby takes over my life. I think I might plan another at home one before the end of my maternity leave as a nice re-connection before I go back to work. I found some fun recipe ideas online to try. 

No comments: