Pages

May 2, 2022

Cara is FIVE!

You guys, my first baby is a five years old now! That's a whole hand! I can't believe it. When I was pregnant with her I kept wondering what she'd be like at 5 years old. That was my "fun" age for kids and so I was so happy thinking about what she'd know, what she'd like to play, what her favorite colors and animals would be. Just everything. I knew I wanted to make sure she had a great birthday, no matter what!


We looked at a bunch of place options for us and, after showing them to her, we settled on Chuck E Cheese. We also had her pick out a cake from the grocery store, and of course she picked out a Frozen one haha. The party was SUCH a hit. Everyone seemed to have so much fun and they do such a great birthday party with lots of goodies and entertainment. We weren't the only ones, but I didn't feel like we were sharing or splitting our celebration. 


Cara loved her cake and blowing out the candles and she got so many great presents!


We got lot of yummy food, some game play cards for everyone (unlimited play for 2 whole hours), they did a dance and took picture with the mouse mascot guy, and Cara and I got to do the ticket blaster together. We got SO many tickets haha. We'd totally do another party there again. I'm actually excited because we didn't use all of the play cards so we have an excuse to go play again haha. 

Cara is such a great and sweet big sister. She's loved every single baby we've brought home and just loves to cuddle and touch them (she's always putting her face in Pierce's face haha). She absolutely loved Lucy and Pierce, but plays a lot more with Gwen. She loves drawing and writing and watching weird YouTube videos of people playing with weird toys, makeup tutorials, or baking videos (this I'm probably going to have to stop soon as I'm not fully comfortable with that). She always wants to watch Turning Red on Disney, her favorite color is rainbow haha. She loves playing house and practicing holding her breath in fake water (around the house she'll run around and say "it's water, hold your breath"). She loves going to school and loves showing off the work she does each day (literally, I'll pick her up and she'll show me what she worked on and then say "I have to go home and show dad" haha).

She is pretty shy, but once she gets comfortable she'll play with anyone and play anything. I hope she keeps that attitude of being so open to all the ideas. However, she likes to be an alpha at home and take control of the play with her sisters haha. I absolutely love how goofy she is and get excited to watch her grow each day and year!

No comments: