Pages

May 8, 2022

Mother's Day

So for Mother's Day the only thing I asked for was to go out for lunch (Kneader's) and for my new birthstone necklace for Pierce. The only bad part is Pierce's birthstone is diamond and I have enough diamond necklaces that I really didn't need another one. So finding one I liked was a bit difficult. Eventually Larry found a few on Amazon that felt a bit different than what I already had and felt more like a mother's necklace. So I added a handful to his cart and told him he could surprise me with one (it's just easier that way). 

A good representation of my Mother's Day
AND a shot of my new necklace

I also planned to do new family pictures since I didn't really want to do "newborn" photos, but needed to get updated pics with our newest addition. So I booked those for Saturday morning so that we could get them done, head to lunch, go back home and then I'd go on my own to review and pay for the pictures later. I didn't realize when I booked them it was Mother's Day weekend, but I didn't mind (the days just run together at this point).

We got up and ready in a pretty decent time on Saturday morning, good thing we had practice with my brother's wedding so I knew how to get all our hair done and get us dressed in a good time frame. Then on the way to pictures Larry mentioned we should go to lunch after to reward the kids for having to do pictures. I thought it was a good idea and then remembered Kneader's isn't open on Sunday so I'd have to get my Mother's Day lunch on Saturday instead. No big deal at the time.

Pictures were a tiny bit rough. Lucy decided she was VERY shy while we were there (she hasn't been THIS shy in so long so I didn't expect so much fighting). Then Pierce would only handle being down for so long so getting his pictures had to be done VERY quickly. He's been pretty chill up to this point, but I wonder if it's because I was getting a little stressed out and he could sense it...I just hoped we got at least one good shot.

This is the only family shot I like haha

We then headed to lunch and that took SO long that by the time we ate it we had to head back to get our pictures. I knew Pierce would be getting hungry again soon so I felt like we had to rush through the picture review. I tried to hurry in, but they took a minute to pull me back. Unfortunately, the shots were SO bad. It wasn't that they were bad pictures, but I don't feel the poses were good, I had a lot more weight on me than I felt (even wearing spanx and what was supposed to be a loose shirt), my hair looked bad, and I had a double chin in most of the shots. Now this wasn't just a normal nitpicking of pictures, they really did look awful. I just won't look at them again until I can handle it haha. It's just a bummer, but there were good shots of the kids so I guess that's all that matters. I came out of the picture viewing to Pierce really having a meltdown so I fed him real quick and then we headed home.

A midday rest with my little man

Sunday I got up and got to make breakfast (I love doing that on Sundays). Larry got me my necklace (it was one of my favorites that we picked out, not going to lie haha), and I had the girls make cards for my mom and grandma. We went over to their house for dinner tonight and I got to give them their homemade cards and gifts (I just got mom flowers and a gift card for a massage since they don't really need material things). 

The rest of the day was just a regular Sunday. Might sound boring to most, but it's what I really need when going through the newborn days. Plus I wanted to keep my expectations low since I knew Father's Day would probably not be very exciting either so...that's just how it is. This is life with a newborn. You very tired and you just want to relax. That's all you can ask for.

No comments: