Pages

Nov 22, 2023

Gwen is 5

Gwen-Gwen is officially 5 now! Five is such a crazy age, it's the age I saw up to when we started talking about having kids. I didn't know what to expect after that point and thought that's when they are like little people. So to have two kids at this age (or older) is so surreal for me. We had a great time celebrating our sweet little crazy girl. We did her "party" on Saturday. We went to Airborne in Lindon because she decided she wanted to go to a trampoline place. We stayed there for about an hour and a half and had SO much fun doing ALL the things. We came back and did cake, ice cream, and presents at our house. She got a lot of good things and even though she clearly hates being center of attention, you could tell she was happy it was her day. We didn't have a lot of people come, but I don't mind. I just care that we had fun as a family and maybe next year we can do a friend party.



Sunday, she said she wanted donuts and watermelon for breakfast, so that's what she got. We also had her birthday table set up for her with some more presents and some treats. I unfortunately, started feeling a little iffy that morning so it was a low-key day.

Monday, we had to do her birthday dinner because she wanted Leatherby's and it's closed on Sundays. By this point I was feeling dead to the world. I started my work day, but about halfway through I stopped and just went upstairs to sleep for as long as I could. I mentioned to Larry that I wasn't sure I'd be able to make it to dinner and he'd have to take the kids by himself. He said he was okay with that, but after sleeping a good portion of the day I knew I couldn't miss out on her birthday inner (I didn't care that we spent the whole weekend celebrating her, this was important too). I dragged myself to dinner and, even though I was extremely miserable and didn't eat much of my food and definitely didn't order ice cream (which is a sure sign I'm not doing great), it was good I was there as the girls needed to go to the bathroom multiple times and I'm not sure how Larry would've done that with Pierce and all them. 


On Tuesday she got to do her classroom treat at school since that was her first day back at school after her birthday. I also had another present show up so she got another present.

So while she didn't have a HUGE party, she got a whole week where she was celebrated and she seemed to enjoy every bit of it. I'm so glad it was good. I'm still a little under the weather, but getting better so I'm glad I survived all of it as well haha.


Gwen is so silly! She loves being a goofball, she always has to be right (she's SO stubborn!), she loves to draw stick figures with shirts with hearts on them, and she loves being active or messy. She can't sit still for anything. She still loves being naked as much as she can be and groans when we tell her to put clothes on (and she loves saying "hey! I'm in my birthday suit!"). She likes to do things that Cara likes to do, so I've been trying to push her to be her own person. She's extremely shy and hates to ask for help, even her teacher says she doesn't talk much to her.

She loves Charlie and giving cuddles and protecting him from Pierce. She is a gentle giant for sure, she's strong, but she'll be cautious with him. She loves being loud and fast (running is her favorite thing). She loves laughing and doing goofy stuff to make us laugh. She also still loves Spiderman, but is also starting to get into her unicorn phase.

Our lives are definitely better with her in them and she makes us laugh on a daily basis with either silly questions or thoughts or random things she's figured out how to do. I am so excited to see the kind of person she grows up to be and I hope she's always as happy as she is now (just a little more vocal when she needs help and a little less stubborn when she thinks she's right even though we've shown her the truth). Gwen, please always know we love you so very much and we hope you continue to be as great as you are!

No comments: