Pages

Nov 25, 2023

Thanksgiving 2023

Thanksgiving this year was definitely one of the top ones for me. The only bad part was I was still feeling a little iffy. Not enough that we had to stay home, but enough that I wasn't going to get dressed until the very last moment haha (mostly just a stupid little cough at this point)

We started the day with relaxing and watching the parade. Luckily, we only needed to bring cheesecake and carrots to dinner. Larry is the king of making cheesecakes and we grabbed carrots at the store on Sunday so I got to sit and relax while Larry did all of the cooking. The kids all came to snuggle with me at some point during the parade so that was nice. We also watched the Packers DOMINATE and just kill it. It was definitely the first win that I was very proud of this season. 


It finally got to be time to get ready, so I did real quick and we quickly got the kids ready as well. We headed over to Marie's (our year with them this year) while "watching" the Cowboys on my phone (they also killed it). Dinner was so yummy and I just love holidays where you visit with family and just eat so much amazing food haha.

Marie decided to do a Bingo game for some treat bags for the kids (she's seriously the best mother-in-law!) and the kids all had so much fun with that. Gwen also got more birthday gifts from that side (she seriously got spoiled this week...not sure how she's going to go back to normal haha).


Once we were done, it was early enough that I decided we should stop by my mom's (I wasn't sure if anyone was able to make it to hers and I knew she shouldn't be alone for Thanksgiving...it is about being with family after all). We got there and it turns out Andy and Rachel were able to go so it was all of us on that side there and it was actually really nice. We had some dessert, visited with each other, the kids got to play with the dogs. I think my mom really enjoyed having us there.

We did decide we're going to do our own Thanksgiving today. We decided to make it small so that we don't have leftovers for a couple weeks (like normal) so we didn't load up on too much. I did have to do the homemade mashed potatoes (my favorite), but I forgot to get the right gravy so that was a bummer. Other than that it was all delicious. I am thinking this might be our last year doing our own though. It's so much work and I don't actually enjoy too many of the leftovers like I used to. I love the smells of the dinner, but it's just SO much. We'll see how I'm feeling next year though.

Anyways, a very successful Thanksgiving in the books and now onto Christmas. Happy Holidays and Thanksgiving to anyone reading this.

No comments: