Pages

Nov 30, 2023

November notes

-This month we FINALLY took Gwen to get her first haircut: Bangs! You see, the problem is, she has hair that just always is IN her face. No matter how much we brush it to the side, or to the back, it just ends up in her face. Whenever she eats it gets her hair so matted. She tends to drool and is a bit snotty so that also gets it all gross. I finally had the realization that if this hair is going to go forward, it needs to be short so we need to cut it. I took her to Sharkey's and it ended up SO cute! I really hope she loves them because she looks like such a freaking doll with them and I just love them on her. The other girls decided they needed bangs as well so we took them to get theirs done. They don't seem to love their so that probably won't be a common thing for them.


-The kids are obsessed with Charlie! I mean, how can you not be? He's a cutie (yes, he's a he for sure...hasn't been confirmed, but we can definitely tell) and he loves to snuggle. He does get a bit rowdy and sometimes that makes the kids nervous, but when he wants to relax he'll do it anywhere and he doesn't mind the kids coming up to him and petting or pulling on him haha. He's been a good new addition.

-Speaking of Charlie, him and Otto seem to be bffs. They love to play around with each other and I think it's nice for Otto to finally have that. He always gave Minnie such a hard time that he needed an active outlet and Charlie definitely steps up to the plate! I just hope Otto can keep up with him at this point haha.


-I got to hit up the Christmas show with Mom and Rachel. We all found a few good items for our Christmas shopping. I think I might have found more food than anything, but I did find some good items for the kids there so I'm pretty happy with how my shopping is going.

-We had our time change this month. Honestly, the kids adjusted perfectly, but for me it took about a week (maybe a day or two longer) to really feel adjusted. I was fine in the mornings, but having the energy to stay up after putting the kids down has kicked my butt. I guess I'm just getting too old for that now haha.

-We had moments of Cara wearing my shoes this month and my heart just swells! I remember very vividly wearing my mom's heels growing up and thinking I couldn't wait to be big enough to fit into them and wear them all the time. I thought heels were the ultimate feminine shoe and I couldn't imagine wearing anything else. I hardly wear heels at all now (funny how that works out, huh?), but it's still fun to see Cara getting into mine. I wonder what goes through her mind when she does it.


-Pierce LOVES jumping. Oh boy will this boy jump anytime, anywhere. He doesn't do a full jump, yet, but he practices MULTIPLE times a day. He's so freaking cute, I just don't know how I handle it haha.

-Cara is the sweetest little girl, she loves to leave little messages for people. I constantly find little messages in her backpack that are clearly ones that went back and forth between her and one other girl in her class (it changes, but the messages always say "I love you" either from her to the girl or from the girl to Cara). I was doing laundry and found this sweet one from her in the dust:


-Oh boy has the flu hit us HARD! I got it SO bad after Gwen's birthday. Larry got it a bit for a few days and was down. Gwen just had a headache so I'm nervous she's going to get it. It's so unfortunate to get sick around the holidays, but I'm hoping it's at the end for us now (fingers crossed).

No comments: