Pages

Dec 29, 2023

December Activities

-My work incentivized us to start a "12 days of Christmas workout" series. Each day you'd add a workout, ending with 12 total. I started doing them right after lunch (before nap) with the kids and discovered that  I like doing it enough to keep it up (I did alter which workout for which number based on my skills and what felt like I could do more reps with, but I still love doing it). I also added reading a book before nap time so I get more time with the kids. It's been great having those moments with them.

-We decided on Frozen Hot Chocolate as our treat and it was a huge hit! Definitely worth a repeat, I'll be adding it to my recipes.

-This one is silly,  but we got our IRA Deposits made and I always feel like such an adult when we do that. I accidentally did way more than I meant to, but luckily I have the money for it so hopefully that just helps us a lot come tax filing season.

-The flu hit the family, and HARD. It started with Cara, she had to miss almost a whole week of school. One day she slept the ENTIRE day. The only time she was out of her room was when I took her to the doctor's (who confirmed it was the flu) and at dinner time when we dragged her down to eat with us. I tried to get her to drink throughout the day, but she just wanted to sleep. It broke my heart. By the next day everyone but Pierce and I had all the same symptoms. I had assumed since I had it around Thanksgiving I would be in the clear, but as everyone was getting better, I started getting it. And then pink eye hit our home (we're still in the middle of that) so it's just been one thing after another. I've started implementing regular hand washing and immune vitamins for everyone!




-We celebrated Christmas with Larry's family on the 17th. We always have such fun with them. We started in the community center in his Grandma's neighborhood for food and visiting. His grandma bought a bunch of craft kits for the kids to do and we set up a couple tables for that. That part was a HUGE hit and the kids had so much fun with it. We then went over to her house and did our gift exchange. There were a lot of good gifts, his mom MADE us a new welcome mat with our last name on it (so amazing!), his grandma got us soap (so needed and fitting and it smells so good), and we got lots of good new books, movies, games, the whole lot! I really do enjoy spending time with his family.

-Unfortunately, towards the end of our visit with them I started to feel a little off. By the next day (my birthday) I was a goner! Larry had to go into the office so I was doing what I could to take care of the kids, nurse my sickness, and still work 8 hours each day. It wasn't easy, but you do what you have to. Luckily, Larry had the following week off and would let me relax at night once he got home so it wasn't as bad as it could've been. Plus I had a lot of people reaching out so that was nice.


-Cara had her Christmas concert on the 20th. I wasn't sure if I would be able to go (since Larry was in the office and I didn't want to drag ALL the kids with me), but I realized how important it was so I put my big girl pants on, loaded all the kids up, and we headed over. I absolutely love watching these things. They are SO cute and fun. Especially when I saw her looking through the crowd and then finally spot me and she got the BIGGEST smile on her face. They had to wear winter gear for it so that made it even cuter. The kids actually liked listening to the songs and watching all the performances. Unfortunately, they didn't go in any sort of grade order so we had no idea when Cara's grade would be up and the kids kind of got bored in between grades, but I still enjoyed it and am glad I went.

It was a good month this month. VERY busy, but so good!

No comments: