Pages

Dec 23, 2023

Frozen in Concert

Sometimes social media isn't too evil. For example, one day I was on Facebook and saw an ad for the Utah Symphony and it was talking about their Christmas shows. I saw they were doing a Frozen concert online and knew the girls would like it. My mom wanted to do the Nutcracker (but tickets are expensive) so I asked her if she wanted to join us and she said yes. I'd never been to a movie concert like this before so I wasn't fully sure what to expect. I also didn't know if Lucy would be able to hang (the show STARTED at 7 so it would keep them up late) so I just took the older girls.



Since it  started at 7 we left around 5:15 to get Nana and head to Abravenel hall. I don't love being downtown and so when we had to drive a bit to find parking it got a bit stressful. Luckily we found a lot at City Creek and it was an easy walk to the Hall. The best part was when we ran into the drummer in the orchestra (I was telling Mom the story of Frozen since she hadn't seen it and he mentioned it sounded like that move. I told him we were headed to the concert and he said "yeah, I'm playing it actually"). SO cool!

We got there with plenty of time to spare so we found our seats (which were actually pretty close, but we kind of had a wall in front of us so we had to turn a bit to really see the stage/screen). When it started the conductor came out and told us it's good to cheer and boo during the movie so no need to worry about being quiet. This definitely made it SO much more fun. 



Surprisingly there was an intermission in the middle of the movie, but it was good to stretch and wiggle a bit. Gwen was complaining a bit, but I think it was because she was getting tired. By the end the girls said they loved it, mom said the movie was cute, and I was actually really happy we went. Seeing the musicians and hearing the live music gave me the chills. It's amazing how they can make the music pop so much more and now I want to find so many more events like this to take the family to!

We left around 9:30 so after driving a bit through mom's neighborhood to look at some of the decorations and then dropping her off, the girls just passed right out.


Overall, this was one of my favorite experiences. I know usually they do a Santa Claus show so I think I may want to try and do that next year because that one seems to have a reputation for being a really good family show. Either way, I highly recommend checking out this symphony!

No comments: