Pages

Dec 16, 2023

Friends Experience

So I heard about THE Friends Experience coming to Salt Lake and KNEW I had to get tickets. I knew I wanted Larry to see it and my mom is the reason I ever heard of the show so I figured she would love it so I got us all tickets. I decided to get it them for the weekend around my birthday because...well I'm treating so why not? Haha



For the day of I knew I had to wear my Friends Christmas sweater, I was pretty stoked. We made our way to the Gateway, walked through the pretty Christmas decor that was put up since we got there a little early. I wasn't sure how easy it would be to find, but luckily they had a VERY obvious door so you can find it. Gwen yelled out "Lok! The frame from Friends Show!" (it's funny that she was the first one to find it).



Unfortunately, about a month before this Mom got Bells Palsy and so she wasn't too excited to take pictures. We did our best to find good poses that didn't make it so obvious (we joked she could wear the Monica eye patch haha). Overall, the experience was pretty quick, not as big as the one Stace and I did in New York, but there were still lots of fun picture opportunities. They had so many good props and even a wall with Rachels 18 page letter. Mom and I started to read it, but by page 3 even we were done (no wonder Ross fell asleep!)



In the morning, before we left, I put on a few of the best episodes to watch with the kids so they could see how exciting it is to see the stuff in real life. Unfortunately they didn't care that much. BUT they are familiar with the show and Gwen loved finding the frame and purple door.



We made sure to take our time with the experience (which the kids kept calling experiment haha), but once we were done we visited gift shop and got some cute items (Mom got a big Friends mug and I got a cute snow globe). Once we left we felt that we got through it so quickly so we played around outside. The fountain was on for some reason (the water appeared warm, but the air was so cold I don't know what they were expecting people to do to stay warm once they were OUT of the water). They had such fun things right outside that we got a few more cute pictures there too. I know Mom loved being around the kids and hanging out with them. We knew we couldn't stay TOO long (she had to get back to Grandma), but we made the most of the outing.

No comments: