Pages

Dec 31, 2023

A Year in Review

 January

-January was a good month for us. We rang in the new year AND got some real good snow so early in the year/month. We had lots of fun playing in that. We did some fun date days this month. And got some good purging and cleaning done. I wish that purging motivation had stuck around for more of the year haha.

February

- February we had fun at our Family Date Place that Larry chose. I really started to enjoy the Superbowl and all the food that day means. We actually had a fun Valentine's Day morning. I really started to get into vacation planning for the year (one of my most favorite parts of taking a trip). I started doing our bucket list planning (still a work in progress though).

March

- March was easy, but great. I really feel like I went all out for St. Patrick's Day this year. It was a really fun one! We also had a lot of fun at our Activity Days this month

April

-April started with so many mixed emotions. For one, we celebrated Pierce's first birthday with a party and got some really cute family pictures done. Unfortunately, that was the day after we lost Oscar (our first fur baby...I still miss him and baby girl terribly). We found a way to move on with that and changed how our rooms were set up (I still love how it is now and the girls really like to flip flop which room they sleep in. I like that they have options).

This month got busy with a first little trip for us. We went up to Idaho for Donovan's wedding and also decided to visit Stace for a small visit. We extended that trip by also visiting Marie and having her show us around her new home area. Doing that trip, meant Easter got delayed a weekend. It was late, but so much fun still.

One of the biggest things, was the girls started soccer for their first sport/activity. I absolutely loved this and look forward to future soccer seasons.

May

- May started with Cara's sixth birthday. I gave an update on my new sleep habits (I'm proud to say I still do this and still love it). I really enjoyed my Mother's Day Weekend. I'm really learning what I love for that day. We also had a great little mini vacation going up to Bear World (one of my favorite this year). We also started our Summer Break from school.

June

- In June we continued our birthday season by celebrating Lucy turning 3 (that little cutie!). We sent Larry away for Father's Day while I went to the zoo with mom and Stace. We also had a lot of fun mini moments for the month (a parade, a summer pedi, and Pierce's first haircut)

July

- We ended our household birthday season with Larry's birthday (a very fun one, I feel at least). We had a fun, spontaneous Independence Day. We even had a fun 24th of July with Mom and Will and some small fireworks. We did so many mini activities throughout this month (including a lot of fun home projects and organizing. We celebrated 7/11 day and went to a friend's wedding). I'd say this was one of our busiest months.

August

- In August, we had a fun family reunion. I haven't had one in so long and it was so nice seeing everyone. We got Cara and Gwen both going back to school (Cara in 1st and Gwen in preschool). We went to the Utah County Fair and the Aquarium with the kids throughout the month. I ended the month getting some surgery that I was, funnily enough, very nervous for. But I'm glad I got it done.

September

- I survived that surgery and we had an interesting Labor Day Weekend (where nothing went according to what I planned haha). We had a family date at Tracy Aviary. We really kicked off Fall with spooky movies, fall scents, and football season. I ended the month with an amazing trip to Boston (that I really hope to go back to one day with my family).

October

- October was so great! We went to Legoland as a family vacation and it turned out so so so so so much fun! We added a new kitty to the Family. I had my spouse appreciation day (I love doing those), and we celebrated Halloween time.

November

- November started our mini birthday season with Gwen turning 5. Even though sickness started to take over, we had a fun Thanksgiving. I got a nice early start on my Christmas shopping and prep. We also got Gwen's bangs cut and she is even more adorable now that her face isn't covered in hair.

December 

- December was quite the roller coaster month. We started it saying goodbye to Larry during the day with his new job. We also had so much fun doing the Friends Experience at City Creek. I took Nana and the older girls to the Frozen concert (which was a blast). We celebrated Christmas and surprised the kids with fun news. While we also had my birthday, we mostly just hunkered down with everyone being sick at one point or another. 


We had a great 2023 and I so look forward to what 2024 will bring. Hopefully I can keep up with everything we have planned.

No comments: