Pages

Apr 9, 2023

Idaho Day 4: More Time with Family, But with Playgrounds

So even though it's much easier to get sleep when it's just the girls and me, I really miss having my whole family here. I'm glad it's our last full day and I'm SO ready to head home already haha.

This morning went smoothly, we ate breakfast, got ready, and headed out by 9. We headed to Marie's, again. It was funny because I asked Cara if she realized she had potatoes the day before and she said she knew the potato salad was potatoes because we kept saying "p word salad" and she figured out what that meant haha (she's too smart!). Once we got there, we hung out for a while and ate some lunch (hot dogs, applesauce, potato salad, and ice cream). 

After eating, we ended up going to THREE playground. One was by a lake and had some walking trails and cabins to rent/camp in. Marie talked about, one day, getting a boat and enjoying the lake and having us all come up to camp there. I'm not going to lie, it does look like a lot of fun! We also found a lot of big pinecones I can use for a fun activity at home (home made bird feeders, anyone? haha).





The next playground was just so-so, but had a zipline that Cara was obsessed with. She must have rode that thing back and forth 50 times. The bad part was there weren't any bathrooms and at one point Cara needed to go. We ended up having to stop by a nearby Maverick, which was good because I totally forgot to bring water with us. Cara talked me into getting a slurpee, which she kept saying would be a fun surprise for her sisters when we got back. 



The third, and last, playground was a Castle themed one. It was probably the best of all of them. Marie mentioned it was near the freeway so I figured we'd spend an hour there then head home and get some ice cream on the way back to the house. We ended spending about 30 minutes there and everyone was so beyond ready to head back. Cara and Gwen got so sick on the merry-go-round (I always wanted to be spun on one of those until I couldn't stand it anymore so I did that for the girls and it ended up being a bit of a mistake haha) and we forgot sunscreen too so we were pretty fried. We had enough time to go back to Marie's, load up on water, grapes, and cheese. We also did another bathroom stop and changed Lucy's diaper. I gave them 10 minutes of play time and then we headed out. It was really nice to talk to Marie and get to know her and Jim more. I'm pretty grateful I feel comfortable enough to be around her without Larry and I don't feel like it's awkward.



So we stopped at Freddy's (again) to grab me some dinner and some ice cream for all of us. I fed the girls the rest of the Mac N Cheese leftovers with some of my fries. Once we had all eaten I split the ice creams up (I just got 2 that had some gummy worms and then I got a brownie one that was beyond yummy!). 



It's bath night again, so I had Cara watch a show while Gwen and Lucy got cleaned, then switched and had Cara come for a bath while they watched a show. I had to get the garbage collected, my first in an AirBNB, and then put the girls to bed.



Now I'm just getting all packed up while watching some Pepper Ann (I loved this show so much as a kid). I'll tell ya, I'm antsy to get to bed so I can hurry and wake up ready to head home haha. I have enjoyed this trip, but I'm ready to get back to my regular life. Before we left I let a lot fall on the backburner so I really have a lot to catch up on.

No comments: