Pages

Apr 16, 2023

Faux Easter

So since we were in Idaho over Easter weekend (and did technically have an egg hunt with Marie), we had to push Easter to this weekend. We started the weekend with the first soccer game of the season (a post to come about that). The girls were very distractible, but it was still so fun to watch them "play" (and by fun, I mean funny haha).




After the game on Saturday I treated the girls to The Super Mario Movie. This was one I was so excited to take them to. Initially, I was only going to take Gwen and Cara, but I figured hoped if we were in comfy enough seats, had enough snacks, and with her sisters around she'd be able to sit and watch the whole movie. Honestly, the kids did pretty decently (better than I could've expected). We showed up just barely in time and I got us tons of snacks (to the point of being sick of them by the time Larry and I had our movie night last night). But we were plenty cozy at least. We then came home to make a cobbler and color eggs (Larry had hard boiled them earlier). 






That night, after the kids went to bed, we put out their gift boxes with some goodies for the kids and hid the eggs for them to hunt. The morning went pretty well, the kids tried to start looking earlier than we wanted, but they did good looking for eggs and had a lot of fun. They of course wanted to start eating all their candy so we had to make them wait more than they wanted for that haha.

In the afternoon it was nice enough weather that they put their swim suits on and we played with water in the yard. I got them a fun sink toy that has running water so they had a lot of fun with that.



We got a ham with some vegetables and rolls for sides for dinner and then had our cobbler for dinner. It all turned out so delicious! 

All in all, a great Easter celebration! I had a lot of fun keeping up with our traditions of the egg hunt and a special dinner. I hope to do what I can to make sure we have a great Easter each year...I will say it was MUCH better than last year with a newborn haha. 

No comments: