Pages

Apr 6, 2023

Idaho Trip Day 1: The Drive up

You know the best part of having family and friends out of state? When they all seem to live in the same state so it's easy to visit them all at once!

I have a brother getting married this weekend in Rexburg. Initially, it was supposed to be in Boise and since Marie lives up near that area I figured we could visit with her at the same time as the wedding. They ended up changing it to Rexburg so I figured why not see Stace while we were in the area? Since those cities are kind of on opposite sides of the state, we decided to get an Airbnb in Pocatello. It would be an hour drive to each person, but it would be fine enough.

I had made plans to leave after lunch so I got everything packed up last night before bed. I then had time this morning to get LOTS of cleaning done. My hope is the house will be more in order once we get back (and hopefully stays that way). After getting the cleaning done, I loaded up the car, and then we got ready for lunch. I joke I do bougie road trips, where I make sure the girls have blankets, bags of snacks, a juice, a water bottle, and pre-selected movies to watch on the road. I want to make sure everyone is very comfortable. I also brought ear phones so I could listen to my podcasts on the drive. I was able to cross 2 off even!



Luckily, I filled up our tank at the beginning of our drive and we were able to make it up within 3 hours and not have to stop once. Our Airbnb is actually one of the nicer ones we've stayed out (although not very secure...one of the windows fell out on it's own, basically, and the code to the front door seems to be the same for everyone. I'm glad I was smart enough to buy extra door security devices). 

Once we got our bags unloaded from the car, the girls and I headed to the nearby grocery store. I was just going to get milk for our cereal and mac n cheese (since the hosts left us butter already), but then I saw juice and realized that would be good to have as well. Because we needed 2 milks and one juice I had to have Cara or Gwen help me and then Lucy threw a fit because she wanted to help carry one. I kept telling her she didn't need to so then she had a huge tantrum over how she's strong and can hold something haha. She kept saying "I strong! I carry milk!"



For dinner I made a value size Mac N Cheese and it turned out we definitely didn't need that much. My girls can eat their weight in mac n cheese, but they all only ate a little bit so we had A LOT left over. I put it in a tupperware container and put it in the fridge to hopefully hold over until our last day for dinner. After dinner I let them watch some shows while I unpacked everything we'd need up until tomorrow morning.

Since it's Thursday, we do bath night so I had to split it up, the bath was only big enough for 2 at a time so I did Lucy and Gwen (who kept saying she was "so happy" haha) in one and then Cara last. I got them all ready for bed in the Master (the bed was way big enough for all of them, I just had to put pillows around them so no one fell off onto the hard floor). 

Now that they are in a room and I've gotten a shower in (although it wasn't the best shower and they interrupted it 4 time already), I get to watch my show (Million Little Things), fill out my journal, read some of my book, and then head to bed. 

Overall, a decent start to our mini trip and I'm really excited to see a bunch of family and friends up here. Hopefully, it's a smooth trip. I can't wait to see Larry and Pierce tomorrow!

No comments: