Pages

Apr 7, 2023

Idaho Day 2: Seeing Friends and a Wedding

So we are in Pocatello, Idaho. I thought there would be more to see. I have driven through this city so many times and thought it looked pretty and might be an interesting place to live. I was told it was the armpit of Idaho and I refused to believe it. Apparently, I've been spoiled with Utah family businesses because once we were done with breakfast we had NOTHING to do this morning, except watch TV. I looked for everything to do around us and it either wasn't open in a good time (the earliest was 10 and that's about when we needed to head to Rexburg) or it was too cold (I forgot to pack real coats and there is SO much snow here). So we sat. Sat and watched nothing TV. I got all our wedding stuff packed up so we wouldn't need to come all the way back just to head back to Rexburg so I thought I was ahead of the game. I finally decided to look at the game choices that was at the AirBNB, but by the time I pulled on out that looked good, we had to get ready to leave. I was so disappointed, bored, and slightly irritated.

Finally around 10:15 we headed to Red Robin in Idaho Falls to meet Stace for lunch. We then went back to her house to visit. I thought we'd do a little bit more, but she was so busy packing up for a trip to Utah she was getting ready to head out for so it was mostly just sitting around her house talking while she did laundry and the girls played with the dog/some of the toys.

I knew we had some time to kill between visiting with Stace and when we had to head to the wedding and while we were waiting for Larry and Pierce to get up here (they left after lunch once Larry worked half a day so he didn't need to make up too much time) so I was trying to decide between the aquarium or take the girls to see The Super Mario Movie. Stace reminded me about a place nearby called Kid Town so I ended up settling on that. It was a really cute place and had a fun Easter egg hunt that they got prizes for completing. It helped them get some wiggles and play out. 




After playing for about an hour we headed to Freddy's for dinner. I figured it would be quick, cheap, and easy. We then had to hurry to the church to change and get ready (including makeup and hair). I feel we ended up looking pretty decent for being a rush job. We "partied" with the newlyweds and family. The kids all gobbled up so much fruit, everyone commented on how cute they were. We got pics, the kids did ring around the rosie (with ALL the kids at the wedding). We watched them do a fun little newlywed game and the bouquet toss (Cara was so bummed she didn't catch it haha), and then got some family pics done. It was a good, small affair.


Yes, I look crazy, but my boys look so good here

The kids were SO tired and cranky once we got back to the house. We left the wedding late so they were all completely out when we got back. They all were crying when we woke them up and couldn't handle even the simplest task (like getting out of the car). So bedtime was a bit hard. Luckily, they all passed out fairly quickly. 

Larry and I are about to watch our date night movie with some snacks and relax the rest of the night. We moved the girls downstairs into the living room down there since we knew they'd wake up Pierce if he was with us down there (the floors are very loud) so hopefully they give us a good night and don't come stomping down the hallway in the morning to wake him up (his room is before ours).

No comments: