Pages

Apr 26, 2023

Soccer Season Has Started

So the season of life I've been looking forward is upon us! I've been so excited to get the girls in some sort of sport. I found out Cara's friend from school, Julia, plays soccer so we signed Cara and Gwen up for the spring season with her and I've been so antsy for it to start.


Unfortunately, my girls are definite noobs and the typical "stop playing to give each other hugs or dance around" type of players, but it's still so fun to watch them. We've had a few practices and games and I know we definitely need to practice more with them, but it's a fun beginning. Gwen usually gets sick of each game half way through and just wants to play on a playground, but she sticks with it.

The nice thing is practices are on Wednesdays and we're able to let the girls play for a bit afterwards before we have to head home (it's about a 10 minute drive from our house to the practice/game fields). 


It's been cold for most of the games, but tonight we had a game that wasn't too bad actually, just very busy (and clearly the witching hour for all the players haha). Luckily, it ended in time we could let the kids play for a bit before heading home. We also took a small walk along the Jordan River Trail thing that's nearby. It was REALLY nice weather and felt so good to be outside.

It's just been so nice to have an excuse to get out of the house. I wasn't a great extracurricular activity sort of person (I'd sign up and then get sick of going after a time or two), so this is a fun new thing for me as well. 


Also, this gets me really excited for Fall/Winter sports to sign them up for and for future activities. Yes, it takes up some time and interrupts my weekend plans a bit. And yes, having spring sports at the same time as SO many of our birthday scan be a little hard, but overall I know it's so good for the kids to be a part of and I fully intend to keep them in some sort of activity. It's great to get them to socialize and learn to be part of a team. Plus, listening to a coach direct them has to be good for them as well.

No comments: