Pages

Feb 23, 2023

Vacation Planning Fun

Oh. Em. Gee do I love planning vacations! I almost forgot how much I love planning them! 

This year is going to be SO amazing! Here's a quick recap of our last few Vacations:

  • In July of 2019 we went to San Diego when Gwen was only 7/8 months old. This was SUCH a fun trip and we loved how well it went.
  • In September of 2019 we did a road trip to Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and Montana. While this was a good trip, it wasn't a real family vacation since the whole idea of it was to check out areas we might consider moving to. This was before my mom moved back and the idea of leaving Utah got nixed haha.
  • We had PLANNED to do a Vegas trip for when Lucy turned 8 months, but then the dang quarantine happened and ALL travel had to be put on hold. We did quite a few staycations to use up PTO and have what fun we could have. Those were fun, but definitely nothing as exciting as seeing a new place.
  • Every once in a while I'd load up some of the girls and go up to Idaho to visit Stace...those were also fun and better than Staycations, but not the same, still.
  • I took a girls trip with Stace to New York back in October of 2021 and that was SO much fun! I got a bit of the vacation planning bug back. But, of course, that was sans family...not sure how much it counts.
  • In December of 2021 we attempted Las Vegas, but that was a DISASTER!! We ended up cutting that short due to sinus infections, coughing sicknesses, ear infections, and finally pink eye. It was probably one of the worst vacations we've done (BUT we can laugh about it now). I may have gotten a bit gun shy of planning any more vacations with ALL the kids (and that was back when we just had 3!).

Well this year is a new year and we decided it's now time to get back into the swing of things. Originally I had plans to go visit Stace, but when I went last time she only had 1 guest room instead of her usual 2 (first world problems...am I right?) and I was sleeping on the couch. Not the worst sleep, but not ideal. I realized at that point visiting each other at our homes was going to be tricky and we might as well plan another girls trip. We landed on Boston in the Fall. I've been DREAMING of Boston in the Fall for so long so once the hotel and flights were booked I got SO giddy. I've been researching what to do, see, how to get to it all, and everything we need to know for weeks so I feel I've got a good plan on what to do which days.

We also decided that the kids are old enough to go check out Legoland this year. We're doing that one during Fall Break at school (so pretty close to Boston, but it'll be worth it). I heard Legoland is good for younger kids and most of mine are really getting into Legos. Pierce will be about 18 months old when we go so hopefully it'll be smooth. We decided to stay in the Legoland California Hotel to really make it a memorable trip. While I'm a tad nervous to have us all share a room and be in a hotel instead of an AirBNB, I'm sure we'll survive and still have fun. I've been watching YouTube videos of tips for the park and tours of the hotel/rooms and so I'm pretty excited. I think the kids will have a lot of fun.



I also have a brother getting married in April up in Idaho and since Marie moved up there recently I figured we could stay at an AirBNB in a middle area and visit both (plus visit Stace as well haha). I'll be getting that booked soon and so I'll be pretty happy to do that. I'll bring all the girls up with me before the wedding, have Larry bring Pierce up for the wedding and maybe one day after to see his mom and then they can come home early and we'll head home after a few days. 

I also started planning our vacation for next year because I just can't get enough haha. Details on that to come, but it'll be a big, exciting one that I need to research A LOT of things for.

I'm just so excited and giddy and nervous and anxious (in a good way) for all the fun we have coming. I'm trying SO hard to not keep waiting for these future events and just enjoy the moment until they come. Wish me luck...it's too much fun haha.

No comments: