Pages

Feb 24, 2023

Creating our Spring Bucket List

So I've seen some really cute seasonal bucket list things online and thought that was SUCH a great idea! I've always wanted to create something for the seasons that just had a bunch of things that were good to do during that time. I knew I wanted to create this for us as a family to help keep us motivated to get out of the house or do something fun. 

I also, recently, realized spending our nights decluttering/organizing/cleaning wasn't so great for family time. I feel I got a good enough start that now we can switch it around a bit. Afterall, we should have a little work and play each day and I feel I was working all day Monday through Friday and only leaving play for the weekends (I feel Monday through Friday should be 80% work and 20% play, the weekends should be the opposite so that kids have a more well balanced upbringing). So with that in mind, I decided we are going to start doing nightly activities during the week and then Saturday mornings will be decluttering/cleaning/organizing, and then something fun for the afternoon (except cleaning weekends, that I need a majority of the day, I might have to plan something for Larry to take the kids to do so they still have fun with one of the parents).

A sample of the calendars I made for Spring Time.
I'll color coordinate the STEM activites, Crafts, and Game Nights
To help know what was done when and what to do when.

With that in mind, here are some fun ideas I have for the Spring (which I count as March through May):

  • Safe Kids Fair at the Expo Center
  • Jurassic Quest at the Expo Center
  • Baby Animal Season at almost any farm
  • The Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point
  • Farmers Markets
  • Feeding ducks at a duck pond
  • The local Train playground runs a Train on Saturday mornings
  • Plant seeds in pots
  • Play Musical Shamrocks (like musical chairs, but with shamrocks)
  • Some fun STEM activites I found on some family sites
  • Make St. Patrick's Day/Easter/Flag crafts (for Memorial Day)
  • Make stain glass pictures (tissue paper on cling wrap)
  • Finger painting paints
  • Spring crafts (butterfly and flower themed)

I hope to be able to get a bunch of these crossed off (I have more specific details written down, obviously, but don't need to fill the blog with those). I'm not going to lie, the idea of spring has made me feel anxious for some reason, so I'm hoping by creating this list and having things to do each week that'll make me feel better.

We also have the holidays, the birthdays, and a wedding coming up in these months so that'll help keep us busy as well!

No comments: