Pages

Feb 12, 2023

Superbowl 2023

Now normally I don't feel the Superbowl warrants it's own post, but this year/season I REALLY got into football! The Packers weren't playing as well as they usually do, so we threw in Cowboy games as well so I really got to see more teams play. I knew The Packers weren't making it to the Superbowl so seeing the other teams got me excited. 

I knew this year I wanted to do a lot of frozen foods and chips and dip and some chicken raviolis with vodka sauce I got at Costco. I was pretty excited so I decided to invite Andy, Rachel, Mom, Grandma, and Will. Everyone said they'd like to go so I thought "maybe we need more food?" Then Don text me saying he was looking for a TV to watch the game and he knew I was into the sport so I told him of course he could come! I was getting excited at how full the house was going to be and having my first real superbowl party. I was secretly voting for The Eagles to get to the superbowl and win so when they made it I was pretty excited for that as well.

Our lovely HUGE spread of food!
Also, pretty much the only picture I got

Fast forward to this morning. I got a text from Rachel saying Andy and her had some food poisoning so they wouldn't be able to make it. Mom said her and grandma would be there, but Will had a migraine so he would be staying behind. Then Don sent a text saying that Tracy wasn't feel up for socializing so he was going to stay behind with her. So basically my party turned into just a small gathering...if that haha. I was a little bummed, but I love just watching the game so I didn't NEED people here, I just wanted to eat and watch the game.

Luckily, it still ended up being a great day (even with a loss for the Eagles), I got to visit with family, we set the girls up with their tablets, and we played with them for a bit as well. We watched the funny commercials. While I do look forward to next season and watching more games, I am pretty happy this seasons is over and I can take a break from HAVING to watch the games (you just can't record them and watch them later). And now we can get into fun winter activities!

No comments: